+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
We are concerned that we might not get my husbands daughter in for her medical exam within the 30 days.....??
We have to get her a passport first, and we didn’t know that. So we are trying to get it expedited.
.....She’s not coming with us to Canada, and lives 2000 miles away, so it’s hard to do everything from here, because we rely on her mother.
.....What email address and postal address do I send a letter to, explaining our situation??
And.....will we be penalized for this??

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>We have to get her a passport first, and we didn’t know that.
Does the IRCC letter specify this? on the webpage they say just an ID...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

What to bring
When you go to your appointment, you must bring:

• proper identification (you will need at least one document with your photograph and signature, such as a passport, driver’s licence or national identity card),
  • eye glasses or contact lenses, if you wear them,
  • any medical reports or test results that you have regarding previous or existing medical conditions, and
  • the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not get an upfront medical exam. We will send you this form.
You’ll also have to bring four recent photographs if the panel physician does not use eMedical. Contact the panel physician before your appointment to find out.

Tell the panel physician about any previous or existing medical conditions. Processing your medical exam could take longer if you do not.

>What email address and postal address do I send a letter to, explaining our situation??
you should have a slot to upload her medical results. You can upload an explanation letter instead (with everything supporting your case) asking for more time

>And.....will we be penalized for this??
Your application might be delayed. Unlikely to be rejected just for this.

allym23

Apr 30, 2018
We have the same situation as you. I have a stepsister who is also mandated to take the medical exam and does not have a passport. We were told that she should bring her birth certificate and School ID when taking the medicals. hope this helps. anyway we are scheduled to take it next week so goodluck to the both of us! :)

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
We have the same situation as you. I have a stepsister who is also mandated to take the medical exam and does not have a passport. We were told that she should bring her birth certificate and School ID when taking the medicals. hope this helps. anyway we are scheduled to take it next week so goodluck to the both of us! :)
I wish we were so lucky. We will be late with her medical. The Doctor refuses anything else but her passport. I will write a letter to immigration and stating why we are late. It’s the Denver location she has to go to since she’s in Cheyenne Wyoming. I even showed them that it says other ID is ok to use, but they won’t allow that. My husband is going to the Hamilton Ontario location tomorrow. So, he will be on time. Good luck with your exams :)

Reactions: allym23

allym23

Apr 30, 2018
I wish we were so lucky. We will be late with her medical. The Doctor refuses anything else but her passport. I will write a letter to immigration and stating why we are late. It’s the Denver location she has to go to since she’s in Cheyenne Wyoming. I even showed them that it says other ID is ok to use, but they won’t allow that. My husband is going to the Hamilton Ontario location tomorrow. So, he will be on time. Good luck with your exams :)
Thanks! We just finished our medicals today. luckily they said it was okay and nothing to worry about. My stepsister will take hers on a different date as advised by my consultant. and we’ll make a letter if they also refuse to get her birth certificate and IDs.