20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Hey guys,
Tomorrow I am going to schedule my medical examination and I was just curious what sorts of things might give you trouble in the application process. I ask because I am overweight and I have (probably) have high blood pressure. I am 25 years old but I am not a smoker or anything. I am just curious how serious something has to be before they will deny you PRS. I am probably just being paranoid. I don't like doctors to begin with so this is doubly nerve-wracking.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I wouldn't worry. For a spousal sponsorship, there's very little that can cause a denial on medical grounds - you'd have to be a health or safety danger to the public.

TB has to be inactive before you can immigrate, if you have syphilis or inactive TB you have to report for follow-up monitoring once in Canada. Possibly if you had a mental health issue that made you an actual danger to yourself or the public that could lead to refusal.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, i had to retake my medical exam last june because the first one i took expired already (over a year). we got that taken care of, and i'd just like to know if they usually say "received medical exam results" in ecas? it's been 3 months and it still says "In Process." should we be worried? :(

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayasita said:
Ecas updated medicals received after we had picked up passport, so it's not always reliable..
what type of visa did you apply for, mayasita?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
matthewc said:
I wouldn't worry. For a spousal sponsorship, there's very little that can cause a denial on medical grounds - you'd have to be a health or safety danger to the public.

TB has to be inactive before you can immigrate, if you have syphilis or inactive TB you have to report for follow-up monitoring once in Canada. Possibly if you had a mental health issue that made you an actual danger to yourself or the public that could lead to refusal.
As matthew mentioned, there's very little you can be denied for. I believe even if you had some kind of terminal illness requiring lots of medical support, you'd still be approved, under family class (as they do not hold that against you). The only scenario is if you have a condition which can be easily spread to others.

I'm slightly overweight and have HBP. I'm the same age as you. My medical appt went smoothly, no issues or concerns by the immigration doc.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..