+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
I have barely just scratched the surface of how involved the application process is for permanent residency to Canada...

I have been looking over the information on the CIC Canada website, and it gives some directions for taking the medical exam.

If I have this right, I take the medical exam AFTER I have sent in the application package to the visa office? Do I wait for instructions from the visa office before doing the exam? Do I have to have some kind of receipt to take to the medical exam with me? How much does it cost? I will be going in Chicago, where I live now.

For those of you that have done the exam, what does it involve? Is it just like a regular physical or is it more complex???

Thanks for any help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

npierce said:
I have barely just scratched the surface of how involved the application process is for permanent residency to Canada...

I have been looking over the information on the CIC Canada website, and it gives some directions for taking the medical exam.

If I have this right, I take the medical exam AFTER I have sent in the application package to the visa office? Do I wait for instructions from the visa office before doing the exam? Do I have to have some kind of receipt to take to the medical exam with me? How much does it cost? I will be going in Chicago, where I live now.

For those of you that have done the exam, what does it involve? Is it just like a regular physical or is it more complex???

Thanks for any help!
\\

No, if it is a spousal application you do the medical before the application is submitted. As well you submit the police certificates as well. You make an appointment with an DMP and take a copy of the appendix D from the application package with you. Phone the DMP and ask the price, shop around.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf page 12 and the amendments for the tests required.

PMM

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
PMM-

Thanks for reply...

Do you know what the medical exam involves? Is it a straight forward physical or do they conduct all sorts of tests? I am a healthy 29 year old woman so I hope it would be pretty simple.

Unfortunately, there are only two approved doctors in the Chicago area so I can't really shop around.

demjin

Feb 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
Hi!

I just did my medicals, and it is pretty straight forward. Blood test, urine sample, chest x-rays, blood pressure, listen to the lungs and heart and that kind of stuff. For us ladies, the doctor also checks your chest and groin area, but that is about it!

Good luck with your exam :)

j2m

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 14 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 10 2010
AOR Received.
NOV 18 2009
File Transfer...
NOV 11 2009
Med's Request
NOV 20 2009
Med's Done....
OCT 30 2009
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
FEB 16 2011
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 17, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 17, 2011
demjin said:
Hi!

I just did my medicals, and it is pretty straight forward. Blood test, urine sample, chest x-rays, blood pressure, listen to the lungs and heart and that kind of stuff. For us ladies, the doctor also checks your chest and groin area, but that is about it!

Good luck with your exam :)
This thread is 3 1/2 years old... kind of confusing sometimes. But good luck to you demjin