+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL EXAM

Stefan_1992

Feb 22, 2017
Hello All,

I did my medical exam on May.24.2016 and got my student permit, now i am thinking to extend my permit now. Can i use the same medical to extended the permit since they say it's valid for a year?

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Stefan_1992 said:
Hello All,

I did my medical exam on May.24.2016 and got my student permit, now i am thinking to extend my permit now. Can i use the same medical to extended the permit since they say it's valid for a year?
How long is your permit valid? Normally students do not extend their permit until they reach Canada. Afterwards close to the expiry date of the permit they apply from within Canada (often times without further medical) and smoothly get that, provided all other aspects (finance, study program etc.) are fine. If you are applying to extend it from outside Canada, it might not be a wise move; not sure if that is possible at all. If you are doing it from inside, then it probably does not matter.

neelpatel19071994

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi- Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
19/09/2015
Med's Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
19/10/2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
Soon ( 11th in Apr'17)
Stefan_1992 said:
Hello All,

Medical reports are valid for 12 months only.
And medicals are required only if you want to extend your study permit for more than 6 months. Otherwise it is not required if you want to extend it upto 6 months.

Stefan_1992

Feb 22, 2017
My permit is expiring July.25.2017, i want to extended online and when you apply/extended online they tell you the documents you need and they stated the medical. I will be extending for more than 6 months. I am currently in canada in an open studies program, will be going into a degree program in the fall. So i did my first medical may.24.2016 so 12 months has not gone by as yet so i was wondering if i can use the same medical or should i do a next medical?

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Stefan_1992 said:
My permit is expiring July.25.2017, i want to extended online and when you apply/extended online they tell you the documents you need and they stated the medical. I will be extending for more than 6 months. I am currently in canada in an open studies program, will be going into a degree program in the fall. So i did my first medical may.24.2016 so 12 months has not gone by as yet so i was wondering if i can use the same medical or should i do a next medical?
As Neel said, it is valid. So you can go ahead with the same one. Even if it is expired and you submit your application, they can always ask for it. I know people who applied for 4 months extension (without a medical) and received 7 months extension! Another friend of mine received 4 years extension without any further medical test (his previous one expired at the time of application). If you are inside Canada, things get pretty loose.
Good Luck!

Stefan_1992

Feb 22, 2017
good boy said:
As Neel said, it is valid. So you can go ahead with the same one. Even if it is expired and you submit your application, they can always ask for it. I know people who applied for 4 months extension (without a medical) and received 7 months extension! Another friend of mine received 4 years extension without any further medical test (his previous one expired at the time of application). If you are inside Canada, things get pretty loose.
Good Luck!
Okay Great! Thank You