14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
Hello there!

So my German girlfriend's PR application has been going well, it seems. They requested proof of a medical examination a few weeks ago, which we had already provided; when I wrote back to them asking whether they wanted proof of the previous exam or a new exam, they answered saying there was a mix-up and they already had the results, so we didn't need to send anything, since her exam expires on November 21st. They also told us that the only thing they were missing was the CSQ. I take that to mean everything else is fine, so that's great! We received out letter from Québec, and the CSQ, last Monday, and they said they forwarded a copy to Vienna.

What I' wondering now, though, is how things will go vis-à-vis her medical exam results. If they expire on November 21st, is it possible everything will be completed until then? Will we have to go through another exam, or does it only have to be valid till the PPR? What if the exam expires before the returned passport arrives by mail (since we're now in Canada, the transit from Canada to Vienna and back is a long one)? Should we be taking another medical exam, just in case? How long would it take to get an appointment in Ottawa to confirm landing?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
GuerricH said:
Hello there!

So my German girlfriend's PR application has been going well, it seems. They requested proof of a medical examination a few weeks ago, which we had already provided; when I wrote back to them asking whether they wanted proof of the previous exam or a new exam, they answered saying there was a mix-up and they already had the results, so we didn't need to send anything, since her exam expires on November 21st. They also told us that the only thing they were missing was the CSQ. I take that to mean everything else is fine, so that's great! We received out letter from Québec, and the CSQ, last Monday, and they said they forwarded a copy to Vienna.

What I' wondering now, though, is how things will go vis-à-vis her medical exam results. If they expire on November 21st, is it possible everything will be completed until then? Will we have to go through another exam, or does it only have to be valid till the PPR? What if the exam expires before the returned passport arrives by mail (since we're now in Canada, the transit from Canada to Vienna and back is a long one)? Should we be taking another medical exam, just in case? How long would it take to get an appointment in Ottawa to confirm landing?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer!
Hello,

I see everything going well with your application, though, I suggest to not redo medicals until your VO asking to.

Also if your application is in process and a new medical valid would be the only thing missing before the PPR then your VO will make a request for a new extension to main office in London with out you redoing it.

If London decided that you have to redo it then your VO will send you the request by email and forms which probably you will need. But I don't think will be the case for you.

Here you have the forum discutions about this new medical buletin valid for 12 months.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin-t106229.0.html

My VO requested an medical extension for me to London, but London requested me to redo only the chest x ray.

All the best!