+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam upront for Super Visa.

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
I have a question about medical Exam upront. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?

I am applying her a super visa.

Upront medical means she has to do the medical exam before submitting the applications online?

Mermaid222

Mar 16, 2017
I have this question also - there is no requirement as far as I can tell from the documentation required to apply but when I look on line it says they do need a medical..... very confusing

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
I have a question about medical Exam upront. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?

I am applying her a super visa.

Upront medical means she has to do the medical exam before submitting the applications online?
Hi,

For Visitor Visa, there is no requirement of Medicals.

For Super Visa, there is a requirement of Medicals. You can have medicals in either of following ways:
1. Upfront Medical: Refers to Medical done before asked by the CIC or before applying for visa (Online or Paper Application). It saves time. Once you are done with medicals you will receive Personal Sheet (having UMI ID), which can be uploaded to Medical section if applying online or attach its photocopy if applying for Paper application.
2. Medical when requested by CIC. CIC generally sends a message in account for medical. You can take out the Print out of the same along with other relevant documents.

Hope it would clear the thing.

Good Luck

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
I have this question also - there is no requirement as far as I can tell from the documentation required to apply but when I look on line it says they do need a medical..... very confusing
This is a generic message for all applications.
When CIC guys start processing application & seek that there is no upfront medical done, they send a message to the account for the medical. Rest I have explained in the message above.

Reactions: Mermaid222

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi,

For Visitor Visa, there is no requirement of Medicals.

For Super Visa, there is a requirement of Medicals. You can have medicals in either of following ways:
1. Upfront Medical: Refers to Medical done before asked by the CIC or before applying for visa (Online or Paper Application). It saves time. Once you are done with medicals you will receive Personal Sheet (having UMI ID), which can be uploaded to Medical section if applying online or attach its photocopy if applying for Paper application.
2. Medical when requested by CIC. CIC generally sends a message in account for medical. You can take out the Print out of the same along with other relevant documents.

Hope it would clear the thing.

Good Luck
Hi, my parents had undergone their upfront medicals recently. But even when I answer that they have undergone medical in the past 12 months (in the application - IRCC portail website), I can't find any option to upload the medical result. Any idea???

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi, my parents had undergone their upfront medicals recently. But even when I answer that they have undergone medical in the past 12 months (in the application - IRCC portail website), I can't find any option to upload the medical result. Any idea???
Hi

You can upload once you are submitting other documents.
Make sure you are clicking on Visitor Visa with more than 6 months stay for Super Visa.

Good Luck

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi

You can upload once you are submitting other documents.
Make sure you are clicking on Visitor Visa with more than 6 months stay for Super Visa.

Good Luck
Thanks for your reply :)

"You can upload once you are submitting other documents." - Can you explain other documents part?
I clicked on super visa option and even answered that applicant have undergone upfront medicals (entered UMI number there). But can't find option to upload file in the "upload file" section at the end.

Btw from what I read recently in other forum posts, medicals are not needed for Super visa. You need to take one only if IRCC ask you for the same. Am I correct?

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Thanks for your reply :)

"You can upload once you are submitting other documents." - Can you explain other documents part?
I clicked on super visa option and even answered that applicant have undergone upfront medicals (entered UMI number there). But can't find option to upload file in the "upload file" section at the end.

Btw from what I read recently in other forum posts, medicals are not needed for Super visa. You need to take one only if IRCC ask you for the same. Am I correct?
Not sure of the source you are referring to.

You can check on the CIC website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

It clearly states:

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months
You need a medical exam if at least one of these applies to you:

Good Luck