+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam update (India) | Stopping medical appointments until further notice from may 16 onwards.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hi, do you think we could attach a Letter of Explanation stating that the upfront medical examination was suspended? It's not our fault, right? I have been under the impression that SDS applications are reviewed favourably. I am in the process of getting GIC and tuition for first year done, and my IELSTS is overall 8 bands. Or should I just apply under non-SDS?
IRCC has not mentioned any exceptions for this criteria. Other countries like the Philippines are not affected. You should apply under non SDS.

NamanMehta936

May 15, 2021
applying under SDS does not bring positive impact. it just speed up the process. all applications are judged equally where its SDS or not. you will find some countries that have faster non-sds to sds scountries. :)))

But given my admit is for Sep 2021 intake, I was thinking that SDS will help speed up the process. With this recent decision of suspension of upfront medicals, I am not sure if I'll be able to get a decision before Sep 2021.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, do you think we could attach a Letter of Explanation stating that the upfront medical examination was suspended? It's not our fault, right? I have been under the impression that SDS applications are reviewed favourably. I am in the process of getting GIC and tuition for first year done, and my IELSTS is overall 8 bands. Or should I just apply under non-SDS?
You'll either need to apply under non-SDS or wait until upfront medicals are available again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But given my admit is for Sep 2021 intake, I was thinking that SDS will help speed up the process. With this recent decision of suspension of upfront medicals, I am not sure if I'll be able to get a decision before Sep 2021.
You may have to defer if you don’t get an answer by August.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They should have then removed the upfront medical requirement from sds. Then it would be fair.
Canada can’t just remove the medical requirement. The medical is in place to make sure many communicable diseases don’t enter Canada and to determine if people have medical conditions that are too expensive to treat. Given the high risk of covid no potential student should feel forced to visit a health facility and no doctor should feel forced to see patients which is why medicals aren’t possible.

NamanMehta936

May 15, 2021
You may have to defer if you don’t get an answer by August.
Hi, thanks for your reply. That’s an option, but I don’t really want to push that. That’s the ideal situation, but let’s see what happens. I’m just confused whether I should now approach non-SDS route or should continue to apply under SDS with an LoE stating that upfront medicals have been suspended by embassy itself. Is it possible that in this case they will send IME number and request and on that basis I can get the medicals done?

Reactions: aleenaah

aleenaah

Jun 22, 2020
eted about asking Non-SDS situation of Medical test, will update if they answer.
I submitted my study permit application yesterday under SDS without medical attaching an explanation that i did not get the medical done because of the pandemic situation. I was waiting to get the medical done but i had read on their website that :

"Submit your complete study permit application for the fall 2021 semester

If we receive your complete study permit application by May 15, 2021, you’ll get a decision by August 6, 2021, in time to attend the fall semester.

We may not be able to process your application by August 6, 2021, if you’re unable to submit a complete application because of COVID-19 restrictions, such as reduced service at

• visa application centres (VACs)
  • other providers
If you submit a complete application after May 15, 2021, we will process it as quickly as possible—but you may not get a final decision before the fall semester begins."

I just decided to take a chance and submit the medical as soon as it is safe to travel. Moreover, they have mentioned it in several places to give a valid explanation in case you are not able to submit a document because of COVID and they will give an extention to submit those documents when they start assessing your application. They suggest to gather the missing documents in the meantime. Only letter of acceptance from DLI is absolute must. Also they're discouraging people from traveling to procure documents (naturally).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thanks for your reply. That’s an option, but I don’t really want to push that. That’s the ideal situation, but let’s see what happens. I’m just confused whether I should now approach non-SDS route or should continue to apply under SDS with an LoE stating that upfront medicals have been suspended by embassy itself. Is it possible that in this case they will send IME number and request and on that basis I can get the medicals done?
Can't advise you. Wouldn't be surprised if all panel physicians put medicals on hold. Going to see a physician is extremely risky given covid. Going out in general is a huge risk.

Reactions: swarapriyan

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Canada can’t just remove the medical requirement. The medical is in place to make sure many communicable diseases don’t enter Canada and to determine if people have medical conditions that are too expensive to treat. Given the high risk of covid no potential student should feel forced to visit a health facility and no doctor should feel forced to see patients which is why medicals aren’t possible.
I never said anything about removing the medical examination altogether. It was just that about temporarily removing sds upfront medical requirement. They could process the sds files in India(and other affected countries) without upfront medical like they does with non-sds.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
They should have then removed the upfront medical requirement from sds. Then it would be fair.
The goal of having it upfront is for faster processing. If they would remove it then it would just be a regular non-sds application which you still can apply.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
The goal of having it upfront is for faster processing. If they would remove it then it would just be a regular non-sds application which you still can apply.
Considering how they removed full upfront medical here, I don't see any benefit of faster process until they reestablish upfront medical examination again and no it is not the same as non-sds considering how there is the need for less financial documents. Again I mentioned establishing it temporarily until the process returns to normal. I know there is nothing good that is gonna happen just by mentioning this here, so it is my opinion. At this point I am just repeating myself about the same things I have mentioned previously in this post.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Considering how they removed full upfront medical here, I don't see any benefit of faster process until they reestablish upfront medical examination again and no it is not the same as non-sds considering how there is the need for less financial documents. Again I mentioned establishing it temporarily until the process returns to normal. I know there is nothing good that is gonna happen just by mentioning this here, so it is my opinion. At this point I am just repeating myself about the same things I have mentioned previously in this post.
I hear you, but Canada has its own way of working. 1 year+ with COVID the entire world has adopted smarter ways of working but they haven't really done much to their process and continue to blame the pandemic for delays. They introduced the SDS as a complete package with key elements like medicals to be upfront and I don't think they will take any part of it away(even temporarily). There are other options if one does not want to wait for medicals to resume, that's all I was trying to tell. All the best.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
I hear you, but Canada has its own way of working. 1 year+ with COVID the entire world has adopted smarter ways of working but they haven't really done much to their process and continue to blame the pandemic for delays. They introduced the SDS as a complete package with key elements like medicals to be upfront and I don't think they will take any part of it away(even temporarily). There are other options if one does not want to wait for medicals to resume, that's all I was trying to tell. All the best.
I was not trying to be rude or anything, you got the point- IRCC have not done much on how they process files, indeed. Again I am speaking out of frustration and I know nothing can be done by me or anyone here. Students have paid money that was either their life's earnings or their parent life's earnings or even with huge loans, just to make their future better. IRCC is there giving no value to that and still repeating and blaming things upon pandemic with literally making no major changes or even trying to change anything. As a surprise for the student they introduce certain things such as the vac closure and now upfront medical removal which could jeopardise at-least some students plans and even waste their time. No one is there to listen to students all they want is the money. Also not to mention on how some shift full blame of covid cases increasing on international students, who had to undergo at-least 2-3 pcr test, mandatory hotel quarantine, and room quarantine. Yes some definitely were not following them, I agree but majority definitely did follow all the measures in place. Even in the first wave I have seen some, again blaming international students when they were not even able to travel there. Tbh I can't understand such. idk how other immigration departments like that of uk managed to deal with the student visa and such even when covid was happening for the first time with no such thing as a vaccine even existing at the time. I myself have done the medicals, and have the status updated on sds so it is not about me. There are many others, you can even see them asking many doubts about it on this thread or even other threads. @Shaild sorry if you felt I was being rude, I am just frustrated with the repetition of the same happening like that of the start of pandemic. yes I can understand your points.