+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam soon to expire...

standbestrong

Oct 31, 2009
My husband had his medical exam done on October 29, 2010...we are only two and a half months from the medical exam expiring. My husband is applying from kuala lumpur and his status on ecas shows that his medical exam has been received. Can someone please tell me what happens and what we need to do if his exam does expire and we still haven't heard anything from the embassy???

I'm a bit confused and worried...

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
u want my advice , renew it, it is better and save time ,

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from other's experience if u renew it before they ask u run the risk of being asked to re do as they sometimes misplace it or if your region has more than 1 dmp they may ask for it to be done at a specific dmp so u may wanna wait

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
Kedeisha said:
from other's experience if u renew it before they ask u run the risk of being asked to re do as they sometimes misplace it or if your region has more than 1 dmp they may ask for it to be done at a specific dmp so u may wanna wait
i'd second this one. better wait for them to ask you.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
Who's experience? This is not true. Medicals can be done at ANY DMP although they would prefer you go to the same one again. But it is not a reason for rejection of the medical if you don't. Any document can be misplaced but as long as the applicant keeps a copy of the receipt, CIC can receive the results from the Regional Medical Office through the receipt number.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Who's experience? This is not true. Medicals can be done at ANY DMP although they would prefer you go to the same one again. But it is not a reason for rejection of the medical if you don't. Any document can be misplaced but as long as the applicant keeps a copy of the receipt, CIC can receive the results from the Regional Medical Office through the receipt number.
on the KGN thread someone redid medical without cic's request and they sent them a request asking them to go to a specific dmp which was hrs away from where the client lived not my personal experience but thats what the poster wrote... I do agree with you it would be much more efficient if we the clients redo them so we don't have to wait for a request but just by reading the forum i have read a couple cases where people have redone them and they are still being asked to redo them again not sure if it was because they didnt wait or if on the redo cic sends you a specific form but that was what i gather from what i read so IMO to save $ just wait as they may ask to redo them again

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
My husband redid his before being asked and I believe it probably saved us a couple months delay!! His medical was expiring in May (was done early for a work visa), and we got the PPR on June 16. If they had to request another medical I'm sure we'd still be waiting.

I agree with those who say do it now before being asked and send a copy of the receipts to the visa office.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
My honest two cents on this.

DO NOT REDO HIS MEDICALS UNLESS THE VO SEND OUT THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS.

They have special forms that they issue for meds redo. Unless you really have money to waste and want to get delay in the processing you can by all means go ahead and do it.

There is no guarantee the VO will accept his meds redo. On the contrary, it creates a lot of confusion for the VO, the Medical Doctor and the application.

So, in summary, use your wise judgement and HOLD OFF on the redo.

Best wishes!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared said:
My honest two cents on this.

DO NOT REDO HIS MEDICALS UNLESS THE VO SEND OUT THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS.

They have special forms that they issue for meds redo. Unless you really have money to waste and want to get delay in the processing you can by all means go ahead and do it.

There is no guarantee the VO will accept his meds redo. On the contrary, it creates a lot of confusion for the VO, the Medical Doctor and the application.

So, in summary, use your wise judgement and HOLD OFF on the redo.

Best wishes!
This is NOT true! The medical is the SAME. All those forms are is a typed piece of paper with the applicants BIO data on it a and a picture attached. The VO MUST accept a properly completed medical done at a DMP. It doesn't create ANY confusion unless the VO is completely incompetent. But even then, if what Kedeisha wrote about another poster is true, this VO could have been challenged on this requirement UNLESS CIC was having a problem with a particular DMP (perhaps under investigation for being paid off to falsify results - highly unlikely) but you never know and strange things can happen.

Look, I KNOW what I'm telling you is true. Not only have I done this with several clients, I did it with my OWN husband.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I don't know man. This is how it rolls for my VO. I guess incompetence is a big reason why.

My meds redo was a special form issued by my VO ..... a green form to be specific with my Bio data, picture and bright legal stamp from the VO :S

Only then they would have accepted a new redo .... even my DMP advised that he isn't instructed by CIC to conduct redos unless he's got that form.

I guess it varies at each VO

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on the topic of medical is marijuana is in the system can that be grounds for refusal?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Kedeisha said:
on the topic of medical is marijuana is in the system can that be grounds for refusal?
Ganja in the blood? I wouldn't think so :S but I am not 100% sure

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but some DMP's refuse to perform medicals if applicant doesn't submit a request from the VO! I've seen this happen to someone.

So, it depends on the VO, the specific DMP and probably your specific case. There's a 50/50 chance that you'll be asked to re-do the medical, hopefully not, but if they do, it's probably wise to plan carefully, maybe ask your DMP first if they would re-do a medical without a VO's formal request, and why not, call the VO and ask them if a medical re-examination would be required in your case.

I know of one forum member, alex121 (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-people-using-the-guatemala-office-t44160.0.html;msg919015#msg919015) whose medical was about to expire in about a week, she did not jump to re-do the med, instead waited for the VO to communicate with her, they finally contacted her to see if she was ready to fly and land within 5 days or so, she responded she was not ready on such a short notice (i don't blame her!), so they told her "in that case you'll have to redo your medical and wait for the visa".

So take your chances, but plan as much as possible.