+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam required for PGWP?

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Hello there,
I am applying for PGWP and need to submit a proof of medical exam in my online application. I did the exam for my PR application 2 months ago and my PR is in progress. I am not sure because I have done the IRCC medical exam in the past 12 months (for my PR), CIC required another medical exam for my PGWP. My question is that if I need to do the medical exam again or if I can submit a copy of my previous exam as a proof?
Thank you.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
phoebengn said:
Hello there,
I am applying for PGWP and need to submit a proof of medical exam in my online application. I did the exam for my PR application 2 months ago and my PR is in progress. I am not sure because I have done the IRCC medical exam in the past 12 months (for my PR), CIC required another medical exam for my PGWP. My question is that if I need to do the medical exam again or if I can submit a copy of my previous exam as a proof?
Thank you.
thats strange did they ask u to submit medical exam? did u select stayed in the designated country for more than 6 months?

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
mead said:
thats strange did they ask u to submit medical exam? did u select stayed in the designated country for more than 6 months?
Yes, a proof of medical exam is required in my online application. I guess that was because I answered yes in the question: "Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?". I only stay in Canada over the past 5 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
phoebengn said:
My question is that if I need to do the medical exam again or if I can submit a copy of my previous exam as a proof?
You don't need to do another medical. Just submit a copy of the exam you already had done.

geetanjali_23

Jun 3, 2017
Hi, i had my medical done on 10th may and applied for my study permit on 15th may- which has been accepted! i will be reaching canada on 1st july and will need to apply for a co-op permit. i dont have the medical form that the hospital provided. but i do have a receipt of the exam performed. will this be sufficient as proof of medical exam or do i need to get another medical test?

Tania—m

Feb 12, 2022
Hello there,
Thank you.
Hello
I have a question
Do you remember if they updated the status of your medical exam while still waiting for your pgwp? I mean they said , you have passed The medical exam ,in your account, or you just received your pgwp directly without any updates?
thanks!