+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam prior to ITA

ravi777

May 11, 2017
Hi,
I would like to get the Medical exam done before ITA for me and my wife.
Does anybody have experience in that process?
I contacted two panel physicians (in Hyderabad, India) for this, but they seem reluctant to do the medical without ITA.

Any ideas on how to convince the physicians for this?

Thanks in advance.

amritvrk77

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can get medicals anytime if your score is close to receiving ITA. medicals are valid fr 1 year and cic insist to get it done sooner you apply for PR

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Hi,
I would like to get the Medical exam done before ITA for me and my wife.
Does anybody have experience in that process?
I contacted two panel physicians (in Hyderabad, India) for this, but they seem reluctant to do the medical without ITA.

Any ideas on how to convince the physicians for this?
Agreed ; in Hyderabad medical is done only once you receive an ITA (not sure about other places). It is not a lengthy process though, and hence I would suggest , you could wait as well for the ITA.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
I'd highly recommend to do medicals at last, after you have obtained all the documents for your application.
The reason is that the validity of your PR visa will be either one year of your medicals or the expiry date of your passport, whichever comes earlier.
So, having medicals done as late as possible would get you more time for your PR visa validity.

Medicals is only a matter of 1 day, only 3 - 4 hours to be precise. You don't have to wait much for it to be done. In majority of cases, candidates get appointment on the very next day, while others can get it on the 2nd or 3rd day.

I suggest you first gather all your documents and get your medicals done at last.

Hope it helps.

ravi777

May 11, 2017
Thank you very much for your replies.

I am thinking about Medical asap since we are planning to have a kid, and since there is an X-ray as part of the medical, we want to get it done before out planning. Otherwise we have to wait about a year...

I am open to get the test done in some other city if it works out.
If any of you are aware of such example, please let me know.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Thank you very much for your replies.

I am thinking about Medical asap since we are planning to have a kid, and since there is an X-ray as part of the medical, we want to get it done before out planning. Otherwise we have to wait about a year...

I am open to get the test done in some other city if it works out.
If any of you are aware of such example, please let me know.
I don't know it exactly, but I've heard that pregnant ladies are exceptions to the X-rays in medicals. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
So, the lady can get her medicals done without an X-ray.

Or there is another option, too.
She can get her X-ray with a protective lead apron worn. It protects the baby from rays.