+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Passport Photos - US or Canadian standard?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My wife and I have our medical exam scheduled for Thursday in the US. We were told to bring two passport photos each for the doctor. However, the US definition of passport photo (2in x 2in) is different from the Canadian definition (2 3/4 in x 2 in).

Do we bring a US sized photo or a Canadian sized photo? The lady at the doctor's office didn't know - she said that all it says is "passport" photo.

My assumption is that they mean the US size, since this is a US clinic. But of course, I want to check my assumptions before I go.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I've decided to take both sizes and leave nothing to chance. The Doc can decide which size to accept.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but it makes much more sense if they are in US then they would be asking you to go with US Passport Photo specifications.

sri27v

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
07-16-2016
Med's Request
01-18-2017
21Goose said:
My wife and I have our medical exam scheduled for Thursday in the US. We were told to bring two passport photos each for the doctor. However, the US definition of passport photo (2in x 2in) is different from the Canadian definition (2 3/4 in x 2 in).

Do we bring a US sized photo or a Canadian sized photo? The lady at the doctor's office didn't know - she said that all it says is "passport" photo.

My assumption is that they mean the US size, since this is a US clinic. But of course, I want to check my assumptions before I go.
Hi Where did you got your (2 3/4 in x 2 in) photo CVS or walgreen. even i am planning to take one. so tht i can use the same for digital as well

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey Sri,

I'm doing my own photos and printing them at home.

However, I am using a pro-level camera, proper lighting and a proper background, along with a pro-quality photo printer. Photography is a bit of a hobby of mine, so I know what I'm doing. I wouldn't advise you do this unless you're VERY confident you can replicate professional level photography.

I have done my own photos for years and have had them accepted by the US Consulate and other official institutions, so I know I'm good here.

lhp2290

Jan 12, 2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
i didn't know that you need photos for medical exam
I have the same question. I am in Canada now. I just called to book a medical exam appointment. I was not told to bring photos for medical exam

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I did my medical in the US and wasn't told to bring pictures. The doctor took them with his iPhone and used them for the exam paperwork.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Don't worry about it. I guess my Doctor wants it.. definitely not a CIC requirement.

rajababoo

Jan 7, 2018

Can you please tell what worked for you. I am getting my physical done in Virginia, USA and I was asked to get 3 photos. I didn't quite realize at the time if it was US passport photos or as per CA specs

lossada

Sep 5, 2017

Canadian size for exam to meet Canada's CIC requirements,,,