+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam - passport photo requirement discrepancy?

camon

Aug 25, 2007
We have applied for permanent residence in Canada and have received the request from the Visa office in Buffalo to complete the medical and provide additional documents. We are scheduled to get our med exams done on Sep 6, and the doctor's office requested that we bring five passport photos of each person with us to the exam. Is this normal practice? It was new information to me, as I haven't seen any mention of that anywhere. I have searched this forum and found no mention of that. Are they really required?

Also, concerning the police clearance cert, will both the FBI and the Immigration Canada accept FBI fingerprint forms from the local police department with their own "ORI" on the form (i.e. NOT the West Virginia ORI)? Everything seems to point to yes on this, but I would feel better if I could get confirmation from someone who has had the experience.

Thank you so much!

Cherie

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Re: Medical exam and police clearance cert in US?

1. Yes, the extra photos are required.

2. The FBI will accept your fingerprints from just about anywhere - out of state, or even at an overseas embassy or police station.

Don't know about canadian immigration...

camon

Aug 25, 2007
Re: Medical exam and police clearance cert in US?

Thank you for the response. Concerning the passport photos, since I wrote this question I noticed that the instruction letter from Canadian Immigration said to only bring TWO passport photos to the medical exam, and the doctor requires that you bring FIVE.

Do you know why there is a discrepancy?

Did you bring two or five to your exam in the US?

Thanks!

Cherie

camon

Aug 25, 2007
FYI, the doctor who performs the exam one state over only requires the TWO passport photos. I have asked the doctor in my state to clarify why they want the FIVE instead.

-C

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
My instructions said 5 photos, but when the doctor saw that one was already pasted on the medical form, he said he only needed 4.

Seems kind of arbitrary. But photos are cheap, right? I guess just bring however many the doctor asks. If that's the only frustration you have in the immigration process, you should consider yourself lucky!

TG

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
I just had a medical exam done a month ago in Ottawa. I needed the 4 canadian sized passport photos. I applied under family class.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
Hey Folks,
I have a question to anyone who may have similar experience. For my ANP application, CIC asked me to under medical last May 13, 2011 which I did last June 16, 2011 under DMP. They also requested my son to undergo medical exam which not going with me to Canada, am in the U.S on an H1 so II had my medical in U.S but my son is back to my country (Philippines) living with my ex-wife.
Does it mean that my son will have his medical in the Philippines? ..Will this affect my application process?
Anybody ofsame situation?
Thank you
Brian