AOR Received.
05-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-05-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
I have come across conflicting information regarding the medical exam. I am sponsoring my outland spouse…We have been told he should wait until we hear back from CIC before completing the medical (so it's still valid) and I have also read that it needs to be submitted along with all other necessary forms upon first application.

Can someone please clarify?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Kanadianm said:
I have come across conflicting information regarding the medical exam. I am sponsoring my outland spouse…We have been told he should wait until we hear back from CIC before completing the medical (so it's still valid) and I have also read that it needs to be submitted along with all other necessary forms upon first application.

What country is your spouse from? If it's USA, the medical is done right before you mail your application. It is good for a year. If your spouse is not from USA, there are country specific instructions on the CIC web site. Sorry, I only know what I had to do.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kanadianm said:

You can do either upfront or wait for your AOR2 and then do it. However, if your VO is on the fast side of processing times you better do it upfront so your application can be finalized faster.

Kanadianm

Jan 31, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-05-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
Thanks guys…He is from Mauritania, so Africa. We had the entire application ready to go, basing the decision to wait on the medical from a lawyer (no longer representing us) but when I was going over the immigrant guide for Africa as well as document checklist I started panicking…seriously thinking to just wait until he can get back to his home country and have it done (he's traveling for work currently). I don't want to make the process any more drawn out or complicated. :(

julies879

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016, sent same day
AOR Received.
27-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
Snowisland said:
What country is your spouse from? If it's USA, the medical is done right before you mail your application. It is good for a year. If your spouse is not from USA, there are country specific instructions on the CIC web site. Sorry, I only know what I had to do.
This is my situation. Applying for outland spousal from the USA & I need a medical exam. The only panel physician near me can't see me for a month. We have pretty much everything else ready to submit. Do I really have to wait a month to submit our application?

I know in the USA you can submit your application without having results of your police check as long as you have proof that it has actually been submitted and then you submit it when you receive it. Is there anything like this for medical? I really hate to put this off a month.