Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
Hello everybody,
I have another question, this time about the medical exam.
I am doing the inland spouse sponsorship and I received the medical request a couple of days ago. The closest panel physician is more than 6hours (550km) away from where I live (and has a bad reputation as well).
However, I know that there have been other people getting a medical exam for immigration in the town that I currently live in, but the doctor who does it is not on the list provided by IRCC, and it says specifically "Only Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada can do this exam."

Is it theoretically possible to get a medical exam done by a physician that is not panel approved?

On IRCC Website it says:
If the nearest Panel Physician offering services in your preferred official language is located more than 250 kilometres or 4 hours from where you live, please contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to find out how to access immigration medical examination services in your preferred official language.
Please have the following information for an alternative doctor when contacting the IRCC Call Centre in the above circumstance:
  • the doctor's name,
  • address,
  • telephone number,
  • fax or email address,
  • preliminary agreement from the prospective doctor that they will perform the medical exam.
The language is not the problem, but since there is no physician at all available within that distance I think the same applies in my case? But it is not possible to talk to an actual person at the call centre, and the automated telephone service doesn't give any information. So how do I go about this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody,
I have another question, this time about the medical exam.
I am doing the inland spouse sponsorship and I received the medical request a couple of days ago. The closest panel physician is more than 6hours (550km) away from where I live (and has a bad reputation as well).
However, I know that there have been other people getting a medical exam for immigration in the town that I currently live in, but the doctor who does it is not on the list provided by IRCC, and it says specifically "Only Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada can do this exam."

Is it theoretically possible to get a medical exam done by a physician that is not panel approved?

On IRCC Website it says:
The language is not the problem, but since there is no physician at all available within that distance I think the same applies in my case? But it is not possible to talk to an actual person at the call centre, and the automated telephone service doesn't give any information. So how do I go about this?
It is definitely possible to talk to an actual person. You need to call multiple times a day until you reach an actual human. If you want to do the medical with a physician who is not on the list, then you must speak to an actual person at the call centre. Keep calling at different times during the day until you reach someone.

Reactions: YVR123