+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Mild Depression History

Aug 17, 2019
Hi experts. I had submitted my express entry profile and got an ITA on 12th August. Everything was going smooth until today! I got my medical tests done today where the physician asked me whether I have any history of depression. I told her about my mild depression 3 years back during my masters days for which I sought medicines and which was largely cured in 6 months. On second thought I wonder that I shouldn't have brought up such a mild issue at all. Can this lead to more obstacles and delays further down the road?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi experts. I had submitted my express entry profile and got an ITA on 12th August. Everything was going smooth until today! I got my medical tests done today where the physician asked me whether I have any history of depression. I told her about my mild depression 3 years back during my masters days for which I sought medicines and which was largely cured in 6 months. On second thought I wonder that I shouldn't have brought up such a mild issue at all. Can this lead to more obstacles and delays further down the road?
No won't be an issue unless you were hospitalized or weren't able to work or study for long periods of time.

Mms32

Aug 18, 2019
Hi I did the same thing and now i am so stressed out.

In my upfront medical exam I disclosed the fact that I have anxiety and take medication for it, although I did mention it is mild anxiety and the doctor did not ask me to go through anymore tests but i am really worried thinking that it could it be a reason for failing my medical exam?
In the application form where it asks if you had any serious illness, mental or physical disorder? Should I say Yes or NO, since anxiety is not a serious mental disorder.
I am really panicking about my medical exam:(

Also what did you choose in your application form in the statutory question regarding serious illness?

Is there anyone with a case similar to mine? Who declared a history of depression in their medical test?

Aug 17, 2019
Also what did you choose in your application form in the statutory question regarding serious illness?
I have selected the option 'NO' because it was not a serious condition. I have never been hospitalized because of it, and I could complete the course I was studying when I had the condition..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I did the same thing and now i am so stressed out.

In my upfront medical exam I disclosed the fact that I have anxiety and take medication for it, although I did mention it is mild anxiety and the doctor did not ask me to go through anymore tests but i am really worried thinking that it could it be a reason for failing my medical exam?
In the application form where it asks if you had any serious illness, mental or physical disorder? Should I say Yes or NO, since anxiety is not a serious mental disorder.
I am really panicking about my medical exam:(

I wouldn’t worry. If you have a record of pursuing your studies or working full time it will be fine,

Mms32

Aug 18, 2019
I wouldn’t worry. If you have a record of pursuing your studies or working full time it will be fine,
Ok great thanks!! I will also select NO then,was worried if this would fall under misrepresentation. I wonder if anyone in the same situation have passed their medical exam though.

Mms32

Aug 18, 2019
What does this imply? It means additional notes or are they going to raise an objection on the medical?