+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam - KARACHI

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey All,

Does anyone know how long does the Medical Exam take now (Covid Days)? Are there too many people at the IOM center or just limited people. Last time when i took the exam it took 5 hours in 2019 and it was just a lot of waiting.

Did anyone give the medical exam recently during Covid days IN KARACHI, Pakistan? if so, please share your experience.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
hey All,

Does anyone know how long does the Medical Exam take now (Covid Days)? Are there too many people at the IOM center or just limited people. Last time when i took the exam it took 5 hours in 2019 and it was just a lot of waiting.

Did anyone give the medical exam recently during Covid days IN KARACHI, Pakistan? if so, please share your experience.
I completed my medical exam from IOM Karachi last month. It took me roughly 4 hours to complete all tests. But mostly it was the waiting period to get to the registration counter. You should get there as early as possible in order to get the early token.
Make sure to take the COVID vaccination certificate. They ask for it there.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
OK - Thank you! I was wondering if the waiting time still stays the same with kids and a infant? Pre-Covid it took me 4 to 5 hours and i was there at 8am sharp.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
OK - Thank you! I was wondering if the waiting time still stays the same with kids and a infant? Pre-Covid it took me 4 to 5 hours and i was there at 8am sharp.
They issue tokens on a first come first serve basis but you can request them to get it done sooner.

Reactions: SUVApplicant

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
I completed my medical exam from IOM Karachi last month. It took me roughly 4 hours to complete all tests. But mostly it was the waiting period to get to the registration counter. You should get there as early as possible in order to get the early token.
Hello, do you know if COVID vaccination was required to complete medical exam? Does the doctor ask for the certificate as well? My father is waiting for his vaccination appointment still and his medical appointment next week.

Thank you.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Hello, do you know if COVID vaccination was required to complete medical exam? Does the doctor ask for the certificate as well? My father is waiting for his vaccination appointment still and his medical appointment next week.

Thank you.
Yes, they asked for the vaccination certificate. Why is your father waiting for his vaccination appointment? You don't need an appointment. Just go to any vaccination centre and get vaccinated.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019

Thank you.
yes they did ask for the certificate and they did post the information online in the system as well!

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
Thank you @SUVApplicant & @Psyoptica for your response. He's 80+ and is a non-accompanying dependent for mother who is sponsored. He successfully underwent a medical exam last year, but since then he's fallen quite sick and is bedridden and is required to redo his medical exam as it has expired. He doesn't go out of the house, hence we never bothered risking him getting vaccination. In his present condition, there is no way my mother can take him for a medical examination. I'm going to email CIC and request for an exemption but have very low hope in that.

cayanide

Jan 26, 2021
Hi ,

Do we need to take an appointment before going for medical or we can go and get it done on the spot?

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I need guidance regarding the upfront medical from Pakistan, I’m waiting for the ITA and wanted to do upfront medical but IMO has emailed me stating that as per IRCC is not been done for permanent residency category. Please guide me regarding this what should I do?

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
I need guidance regarding the upfront medical from Pakistan, I’m waiting for the ITA and wanted to do upfront medical but IMO has emailed me stating that as per IRCC is not been done for permanent residency category. Please guide me regarding this what should I do?
Hey! I ran into the same issue with IOM in Islamabad. For some reason, their system is outdated or IRCC hasn’t told them that upfront medial is now required for PR!

My suggestion is to go ahead with the upfront and when they ask for visa category, just say visit visa. You can then add a letter of explanation + the medical exam booking confirmation where IOM mentions they don’t allow upfront medical for PR as per IRCC. This should be enough and you’ll pass your medical.

Reactions: Fasih Khan

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Hey! I ran into the same issue with IOM in Islamabad. For some reason, their system is outdated or IRCC hasn’t told them that upfront medial is now required for PR!

My suggestion is to go ahead with the upfront and when they ask for visa category, just say visit visa. You can then add a letter of explanation + the medical exam booking confirmation where IOM mentions they don’t allow upfront medical for PR as per IRCC. This should be enough and you’ll pass your medical.
Thank you so much.

Reactions: Knight_Toto