+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam issue

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
hi dear all,

I have applied for my husband’s application last year on May 2017; I submitted the all required documents such as, police certificate, my husband’s medical exam. But his medical expired on June 2018. Also, his CIC Portal said “you passed the medical exam”, but now it changed to “you do not need medical exam, we will send you message if it changes”. Despite the fact, his medical is expired as one year is over.
Can anyone tell me what is the situation and what does it mean?

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I could be wrong but most probably (if senior members could confirm it) you'll get a medical exam before the end of the process. Though I don't think it will slow anything for you guys.

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
I could be wrong but most probably (if senior members could confirm it) you'll get a medical exam before the end of the process. Though I don't think it will slow anything for you guys.
All I know from MP, it is in process of security checks, but why his medical status changed that he doesn’t need medical exam. It is confusing ....

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
All I know from MP, it is in process of security checks, but why his medical status changed that he doesn’t need medical exam. It is confusing ....
It's generally the message that everybody has before they've been asked to do their medicals

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
People have been saying medicals expire after one year and you may need a new medical which is current to get COPR but don’t quote me. They will ask you for it if they need it

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
hi dear all,

I have applied for my husband’s application last year on May 2017; I submitted the all required documents such as, police certificate, my husband’s medical exam. But his medical expired on June 2018. Also, his CIC Portal said “you passed the medical exam”, but now it changed to “you do not need medical exam, we will send you message if it changes”. Despite the fact, his medical is expired as one year is over.
Can anyone tell me what is the situation and what does it mean?
CIC will either make a decision on the application as it is with the medical recently expired or they will send you a request to redo the medical before they finalize the processing.