+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Form Complettion and Timing

poisonive

Nov 17, 2008
Husband is US and I am Canadian and we are doing processing outside of Canada here in the US. I have 2 questions:

1: The doctor for the medical exam sent us more forms to complete prior to the examination - form IMM1017. It asks for a contact address/person within Canada - he/we don't have a contact per se. I could put in my family's Canadian info. Do we need to complete this as we are applying from outside of Canada.

2. The exam is scheduled for Dec 19th. We sent off for the FBI clearance and the police certificates last week. So that means we haven't sent the application in. My question is this - is it ok to proceed with the medical exam with no application on file? Similarly, we need to apply for a police certificate for North Carolina. This certificate is completed by the state and sent directly to Canadian consulate...should we wait before we apply for that as well.

Thanks

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's certainly ok to proceed with the medical before you have an application on file. In fact you have to do the medical first as you have to submit the medical certificate with your application.

As for the police certificate from NC, do you know how long it takes for them to submit it? If you request it too soon, it may get there before your application. I would wait until shortly before or at the same time as when you submit your application to request it.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh and about the contact person in Canada. Well, if you have family here, why wouldn't you put that? I don't think it's that important really

kisidro

Dec 1, 2008
My wife also recieved a police certificate from our local police department. They ran her name and came up clean. Is it necessary for her to get the FBI clearance. If so, where can that be done?

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kisidro-

Yes, they will ask for an FBI check even if a local or state police check came up clean.

Here's the info for requesting an FBI check (needs to be done by mail):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Follow links to FBI site for more useful info.