+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for work permit renewal

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,

I came to Canada with my work permit approved last year in October, and it will expire soon in two months so I am thinking to apply for extension.

However, the system asks me if I have "stayed more than 6 months in a designated country for the past year". I am from a designated country indeed, and because I arrived in October last year, for sure I have stayed more than 6 months, but I am not sure if I still have to do medical exam again? (I didn't leave Canada since I arrived)

Thanks everyone for the help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I came to Canada with my work permit approved last year in October, and it will expire soon in two months so I am thinking to apply for extension.

However, the system asks me if I have "stayed more than 6 months in a designated country for the past year". I am from a designated country indeed, and because I arrived in October last year, for sure I have stayed more than 6 months, but I am not sure if I still have to do medical exam again? (I didn't leave Canada since I arrived)

Thanks everyone for the help!
1. If you had a medical for your work permit, then you don't require another as you have not returned to a designated country for 6 months.

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
Hi

1. If you had a medical for your work permit, then you don't require another as you have not returned to a designated country for 6 months.
Thanks a lot for your response! So I simply select NO, for that question right?

There is also another question "Have you undergone a medical examination by a panel physician during the past 12 months". I select YES because I had the medical exam for the work permit (which is only 6 months ago). By selecting YES, the system automatically added "Upfront Medical exam" in my document list.

So I have to say NO to this question as well?

I just want sure that by doing this, they don't regard this as lying on the application

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks a lot for your response! So I simply select NO, for that question right?

There is also another question "Have you undergone a medical examination by a panel physician during the past 12 months". I select YES because I had the medical exam for the work permit (which is only 6 months ago). By selecting YES, the system automatically added "Upfront Medical exam" in my document list.

So I have to say NO to this question as well?

I just want sure that by doing this, they don't regard this as lying on the application
1. The answer is yes. Are you sure you are using the correct form?

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
Hi

1. The answer is yes. Are you sure you are using the correct form?
Yes, I am just using the online submission system where they ask you a bunch of questions before giving you your personal checklist

"Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" is the question that the system asks me.

If I choose no, the document "Upfront exam document" will no longer be in my personal checklist