+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for visa extension

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
I have submitted my PR application last month and going to apply visitor status extension.

My question is that, As Upfront medical exam is required for 1 year extension, Can I use the same exam record for the PR in the near future?

Thanks, all!

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
I am doing exactly the same. I linked MYCIC and showed that my medical has passed. I stupidly sent the original cert with the PR application.

You should be find sending the same medical exam

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Jason12345 said:
I am doing exactly the same. I linked MYCIC and showed that my medical has passed. I stupidly sent the original cert with the PR application.

Thanks Jason

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Thanks Jason. Could you please provide more detail?

On my case, I just submitted my PR two weeks ago and didn't receive anything to link to my online account yet.
I'm now thinking to apply extend my stay as a visitor or open work permit.
I'm just wondering If I have Upfront medical exam for 1 year visitor extension. How will the system share the result with PR application?
or I can just send the Upfront medical exam letter(record? cert?) to CIC when they requested my medical exam for PR?

Thanks all in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as neither the OWP application, nor the Inland application package, does not have any errors on your part (meaning either/both are returned to you) and you pay the correct amount ($255, NOT $155), the approval will be automatic, since the only requirement it that you have submitted an Inland application and CIC has received it.

If the Inland application is returned, after you submit an OWP, you risk losing Implied Status (unless you re-submit the Inland application before your true legal status expires).

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
much appreciated, Ponga.
I think I should just simply apply the extension, at least it will give me a legal status and it won't make trouble on my PR.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamtamtam said:
much appreciated, Ponga.
I think I should just simply apply the extension, at least it will give me a legal status and it won't make trouble on my PR.
If it's in your budget, I agree 100%!

It may be redundant, but if there's a problem with your Inland application and/or OWP, it will be a life saver!

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017

Hi Jason,

May I ask which address did you use to send your medical exam cert?

Did you send that with your PR application at the same time or after?

Thanks.

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I was asked to do a non EDE medical also for visitor extension. I can use the same for my PR application right?