+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam for TRV

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
My wife is on a closed work permit working as a Personal Support Worker in a Retirement Housing. She is in canada since 2011 and never been back home since then. Now when she is applying for TRV online on CIC and after answering the questions which they ask before you file your application, they are saying that she needs to get her medical exam done.

1) Is this mandatory and to submit the medical exam results with the application or should we wait for CIC to decide if she needs medical exam?

2) Where do I get the forms to take to the doctor which we can submit with the application?

3) Does this exam is covered under OHIP or private insurance?

This whole thing is bit confusing ::), if anyone has gone through this please advice. :(

Thank you.

Canada Girl

Sep 16, 2014
Hi,

She needs a Medical done for TRV. Once she applied for her TRV they will request for her Medicals to be done.
We did our Medicals yesterday. We waited 6 weeks for Medical request, before we went to do our Medicals.

Gooduck

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi forum members,

I have a query as follows,

My parents plan to visit Canada as TRV holder as i need them here in Canada.

Is it advisable and acceptable to get the medical exam done in home country before leaving, just in case I want them to stay a bit longer than 6 months and help me with newborn.

Thanks and regards