+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for Express Entry

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hello,
I am planning to apply for the express entry in August. Can I ask for the medical exam now? I know that first I will get the response if I am eligible to apply, as I am confident that the response will be positive can I arrange the medical exam now and get tested?
Thank.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dude ! im waiting for an answer too since yesterday created a thread for "PCC and medical expiry "" , but seems like nobody here knows the answer to this. SAD :-X :-X
thought while we are wating we could just get are stuff ready like medical and PCC from home country .and wanted to know if there is any expiry on these two things ?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I am not sure if in the form filled out by the doctor the aplication number must be provided. That is why I am confused.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah wish i could help you out with that man. did you get your ITA yet? what score you stand at ?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah then i would say go ahead and do that and see what points you stand at , im pretty sure you would around 460 or more since you have 2 years of work experience but then again it depends on number of factors.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
i suggest go for medicals after u get ITA.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>> there is a very good step by step thread up at the top on how to fill EE profile.start from here >> ((http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Unless you have a very high score (480+ seems the norm right now) that would guarantee you get an ITA asap, i would wait till you get ITA before doing a medical then youll get a document to submit with ur online PR application

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually medicals can be done the same day or within a few days, and then if the clinic is using the cic e-medicals system it takes seven to ten days to upload the results so that cic will be able to see them. We had ours done after receiving our PNP nomination certificate while we were waiting for the next EE draw, so that by the time we got our ITA our meds were uploaded and ready.

It is best to wait until you are close to getting an ITA to have meds done as you have to land within one year of the date of your medical exams I believe, so if you have them done too soon you have wasted money as you will have to have them done again. Same for PCC, it has to have been done within three months maximum of submitting your application after you receive ITA.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go ahead and do the medical exam.
However, the medical exam will only be valid for 6m or 1y (not sure, but 1y I guess).

If you don't get your ITA within one year, you lost your time and money and have to do it again.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I assessed my points using this link:
http://www.workpermit.com/canada/points_calculator.htm
Is it good one?

vijayrrk

Jan 31, 2015
Ottawa,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
niko80 said:
I assessed my points using this link:
http://www.workpermit.com/canada/points_calculator.htm
Is it good one?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Use this for accurate results.

You can get your medicals before or after ITA but its only valid for 1 year. So if your score is around the last draws stay positive, you might get an invitation soon. And also your medicals should be valid till landing of your Permanent Residency. You can always get a fresh medicals if the old one is close it 1 year.

I would say get your PCC as it take some time to get your PCC depending on which country you are living in. You also need to get Police Clarence from the countries which you lived in the past(if the stay is over 6 months) .