+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam before applying PGWP

risadng

May 1, 2020
Hi, I am an international student graduating this week (letter of compeltion and grade record will be sent out by email this week). I also applying for PGWP this week. On PGWP interview questions, I answered YES on medical exam, since I will be working in pharmacy field. Then at the end, there's a required 'medical record request' that I need to submit with the application. I don't know where I have to go to get medical exam, especially in this condition when all doctor's offices are closed, they only do consultation over the phone. What should I do? Can I just go to any public health or pharmacy to get medical exam? Is there any specific place that was approved by the IRCC to get medical exam? Or can I wait until the IRCC send me the instructions for medical exam? In that case, what should I attached on the application since I don't have the exam yet.

ariocar

May 3, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm in the similar situation. The PGWP has already approved and I intend to apply for the visitor visa inside Canada. My application doesn't require medical exam, but I already gave medicals for the PR application. Should I answer yes to the medical question in the visa application since I gave it during the last year or if I answer no it will be misrepresentation? What should I do?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm in the similar situation. The PGWP has already approved and I intend to apply for the visitor visa inside Canada. My application doesn't require medical exam, but I already gave medicals for the PR application. Should I answer yes to the medical question in the visa application since I gave it during the last year or if I answer no it will be misrepresentation? What should I do?
Just answer honestly, whats the issue?

ariocar

May 3, 2020
Just answer honestly, whats the issue?
The truth is that it's not one of the essential requirements for visitor visa. if I answer yes a new upload field will be created for the upfront medical exam. My concern is that maybe providing the medicals makes the case complicated since it's not a required document for visa application.
Based on the situation, your suggestion is to provide it?

rscanpro

Apr 23, 2021
The truth is that it's not one of the essential requirements for visitor visa. if I answer yes a new upload field will be created for the upfront medical exam. My concern is that maybe providing the medicals makes the case complicated since it's not a required document for visa application.
Based on the situation, your suggestion is to provide it?
Hey I’m in a similar situation. What did you select for Medicals Yes/No while applying for TRV? I also did medical for PR and now submitting my TRV application. Please let me know.

ariocar

May 3, 2020
Hey I’m in a similar situation. What did you select for Medicals Yes/No while applying for TRV? I also did medical for PR and now submitting my TRV application. Please let me know.
Yes, I've mentioned the medicals and uploaded them n the field, there was no problem.

Tania—m

Feb 12, 2022
Hi ,
Can you please tell me how long did it take to receive your pgwp ?
I have applied 3 months ago for pgwp , but still no answer, I also sent my medical exam information and when I check the status of my application they still
haven’t processed the medical exam.:(((((