+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam and CBD usage

Mkamran123

May 17, 2019
Hello All,

So I recently had my medical exam for immigration, and while the doctor was asking me questions about my medical history, he asked about the drug usage, and I told him I used some weed in the past but not frequent (once a year maybe).

I was just wondering how will this affect my chances with immigration?

Thanks in advance

klausmike

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Weed is legal in Canada, so you shouldn’t have any issues. Before my PR application in December 2020, i would occasionally ‘toke’ and I had no issues passing my medicals. So relax :)

Truest

Sep 3, 2021
Hello All,

So I recently had my medical exam for immigration, and while the doctor was asking me questions about my medical history, he asked about the drug usage, and I told him I used some weed in the past but not frequent (once a year maybe).

I was just wondering how will this affect my chances with immigration?

Thanks in advance
Hey what’s up how was your medical? Did you pass as you disclosed weed usage ? Thanks

Truest

Sep 3, 2021
Weed is legal in Canada, so you shouldn’t have any issues. Before my PR application in December 2020, i would occasionally ‘toke’ and I had no issues passing my medicals. So relax :)
Hey please I got accepted to Seneca college Toronto and just stopped smoking weed today because I will apply for my student permit/visa In a month which will make me have the medicals in a month. I am Nigerian Will it affect my visa negatively and do I have to disclose that I smoke weed? Please reply me I am really paranoid thank you

klausmike

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hey please I got accepted to Seneca college Toronto and just stopped smoking weed today because I will apply for my student permit/visa In a month which will make me have the medicals in a month. I am Nigerian Will it affect my visa negatively and do I have to disclose that I smoke weed? Please reply me I am really paranoid thank you
You don’t need to disclose that you smoke weed. Like I mentioned earlier, cannabis is legal in Canada. So it’s in the same bucket as alcohol, cigarettes etc. would you also declare that you drink alcohol? Don’t stress about this.

You should be fine with medicals if you’re healthy and have no underlining sickness that may cause a strain to the Canadia Health system.

Reactions: Truest

Truest

Sep 3, 2021
You don’t need to disclose that you smoke weed. Like I mentioned earlier, cannabis is legal in Canada. So it’s in the same bucket as alcohol, cigarettes etc. would you also declare that you drink alcohol? Don’t stress about this.

You should be fine with medicals if you’re healthy and have no underlining sickness that may cause a strain to the Canadia Health system.
I feel relieved Thanks so much

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
Hey please I got accepted to Seneca college Toronto and just stopped smoking weed today because I will apply for my student permit/visa In a month which will make me have the medicals in a month. I am Nigerian Will it affect my visa negatively and do I have to disclose that I smoke weed? Please reply me I am really paranoid about https://highthc.shop/product-category/thc-flowers/ thank you
Hemp stimulates the appetite. And quite seriously. The brain has even isolated receptors, also called cannabinoid receptors, which are responsible for this. This kind of knowledge prompted a European pharmaceutical company to create a weight-loss drug that blocks these receptors...And it stimulates the brain as well as the mental part of the brain

BlacksAbs

Apr 20, 2021
When I was studying at the Medicine University, I was stressful all the time, especially during the exam period. I had a lot of things to learn and it is why I was always on stress, because I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to pass the exams and I will fail them

arnoldbraynes

Feb 26, 2023
In general, I know what you mean by that. Anyway, I can also say with confidence that these products really help to improve health. For example, I recently started taking some things to relax. so, in this case, I have the desire to mention that you can try these out where you can find some products that will definitely help you improve your well-being. This is useful to many people, including me.

Eathoset

Mar 19, 2024
Don't worry too much about your past cannabis use affecting your immigration chances. From what I've heard, occasional and infrequent use isn't typically a major issue, especially if it's been a while since your last time. Immigration procedures can vary based on where you're headed, but generally speaking, they're more concerned with habitual or recent use that might indicate ongoing dependency. If you're looking into growing your own, I've heard good things about some of the seed banks out there. I found this article that might help you out: https://joyorganics.com/blogs/news/top-5-weed-seed-banks-for-every-growers-needs-in-2024. It seems like they've done some research on the best options for different needs.