+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical done for Acadamic in Jan 15 Can i do it again ? seniors please guide

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

Medical is done this year for Canada student visa but didnt went .

Now doctors are saying they cant do it Medicals again as Medicals are still valid .

Should I submit old medical with validity less then 3 months now ? (it will expire on Jan 16)

Please guide !! :(

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello David,

Medicals have to be valid for 6 months after application Submission in EE.
I believe you can get it done from a different physician registered under EE.
And you should tell the doc that it is for express entry P.R.

Cheers!
Richie

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply

but doc says test are same and cant do it another test as it is against law .

I called both doc they said the same

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its certainly not against the law. In fact, CIC mandates that medicals be not older than 6 months at the time of post ITA submission. If you submit older medicals, you risk a refusal on those grounds regardless of what your doctor thinks.

Find another clinic nearby. And if they still give you a hard time, show them the following CIC page.

Medicals ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Purpose

To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements

The medical examination confirmation is required upfront at the time of application and must be valid for a minimum of six months.
The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B], whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of appointment by panel physician at last minute without time to reschedule).

In exceptional circumstances, CIC may accept proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or a letter of explanation of best efforts. However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children, including non-accompanying

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell.david said:
Hi ,

Medical is done this year for Canada student visa but didnt went .

Now doctors are saying they cant do it Medicals again as Medicals are still valid .

Should I submit old medical with validity less then 3 months now ? (it will expire on Jan 16)

Please guide !! :(
Student visa and pr are not the same. I would do the medical again as you are risking refusal on the basis that medical was done for temporary residence only.. talking from experiance :)

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey thanks guys !!

Do I have to carry any documents to clinic ? I have received ITA on 2nd oct

Regards,
Dave