+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical done and passport sent to New Delhi on March 8th 2010

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
We (me and my wife) did our medicals on Feb 26 2010 and sent our passports plus copy of the medical receipt done with the package to the New Delhi embassy on March 8th 2010(reached on 18th March, 2010). The status on CIC as of 16th April 2010 has not changed and still says "In Process". Not sure what is going on and when should I contact them and stuff. I did my medical from a doctor in Richmond Hill, Ontario and he said everything is OK. My work visa is expiring June 18th 2010 and I am kind of panicking right now as I would have to leave the country before 18th if the immigration does not come through by that time. Plus our passports are with them so we would have to travel on emergency passports.

Any thoughts!!

Deepak Sharma

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen discussions in this forum that some times passports are kept for 6 to 8 weeks at New Delhi after submission. You can send a case specific enquiry to ask the status. Hopefully you may receive your passports any time. Check the post office also every day.

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
As i am living in Canada and the embassy can only deliver to India they are going to deliver to my moms address in India. I canask my mom to look for the mail in the post office. But in the mean time will it be ok if I contact the embassy by mail to inquire about the status and givie reasoing behind my concern.