+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical condition with M5 in GCMS

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
We are in the same situation almost... AOR July 2019, Dependent with M5....
Seems like CMAU is closed since pandemic started and didn't reopen..
If they didn't transfer your file to Niagara falls your case is totally fine.
Hope we all receive news soon!
My file was transferred to my primary VO Nairobi Kenya since February this year 2020.Yet no update from the VO.I raised a cse to the vo... no reply

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My file was transferred to my primary VO Nairobi Kenya since February this year 2020.Yet no update from the VO.I raised a cse to the vo... no reply
I believe that the medical with M5 since it is outside of Canada it is in London CMAU.

Iezspice

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
We are in the same situation almost... AOR July 2019, Dependent with M5....
Seems like CMAU is closed since pandemic started and didn't reopen..
If they didn't transfer your file to Niagara falls your case is totally fine.
Hope we all receive news soon!
@eithan203 file transferred to Niagara falls means ?

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Just an FYI to everyone.
I contacted my MP and wrote the following:
My son is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder which flagged his medical as an excessive demand on the health system.
Since then the Centralized Medical Admissibility Unit (CMAU) didn't review or return a response on his medical or any guidelines about what will be next.
On June 1, 2018 The honourable Ahmed Hussen placed a policy to exclude cases as my son to be an excessive demand on the health system.
I know there are multiple situations right now during this pandemic and I understand how it affects IRCC processing time but I do want to share my and more families that are in the same situation where our children are not an excessive demand and are excluded from the Medical Admissibility but still treated as we are an excessive demand on the health system.
My son is special and I don't see why we are being left behind even if we are not causing any damage or cost to the health system.
I seek your assistance in this matter, and am grateful for any that you and your office provides.
Please feel free to contact me if you need more details and information.

Let’s see what is outcome and I’m probably planning to contact global news and ctv news after my application will be 100% which is next week.
If anyone would like to join to write their opinions and share their story you are welcome to do that with me.
I’m not only thinking about my self but for other families that will have this struggle in the future.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Just an FYI to everyone.
I contacted my MP and wrote the following:
My son is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder which flagged his medical as an excessive demand on the health system.
Since then the Centralized Medical Admissibility Unit (CMAU) didn't review or return a response on his medical or any guidelines about what will be next.
On June 1, 2018 The honourable Ahmed Hussen placed a policy to exclude cases as my son to be an excessive demand on the health system.
I know there are multiple situations right now during this pandemic and I understand how it affects IRCC processing time but I do want to share my and more families that are in the same situation where our children are not an excessive demand and are excluded from the Medical Admissibility but still treated as we are an excessive demand on the health system.
My son is special and I don't see why we are being left behind even if we are not causing any damage or cost to the health system.
I seek your assistance in this matter, and am grateful for any that you and your office provides.
Please feel free to contact me if you need more details and information.

Let’s see what is outcome and I’m probably planning to contact global news and ctv news after my application will be 100% which is next week.
If anyone would like to join to write their opinions and share their story you are welcome to do that with me.
I’m not only thinking about my self but for other families that will have this struggle in the future.
Have you raised a GCM note recently?.It might tell you what your stand is and help trigger an action on your file.

Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Have you raised a GCM note recently?.It might tell you what your stand is and help trigger an action on your file.
I did and nothing changed for a long time as other applicants with the same situation.
CMAU before covid took them 1-2 month to process cases like my case.
Today I believe it takes them 9-12 month to review.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did and nothing changed for a long time as other applicants with the same situation.
CMAU before covid took them 1-2 month to process cases like my case.
Today I believe it takes them 9-12 month to review.
As I commented on your duplicate post. Autism wasn’t excluded from medical inadmissability. Certain services no longer count towards the approx 100k total over 5 years.

Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As I commented on your duplicate post. Autism wasn’t excluded from medical inadmissability. Certain services no longer count towards the approx 100k total over 5 years.
And I did reply :)
There is no cost because of all the autism treatments are excluded in the new public policy for ASD.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
ASD is not the only service or treatment an autistic child may have.
ASD by definition :)
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges.
According annex B section 1 what is including in the coast nothing applies for ASD.
section 2 that are not included in the cost:
Social services for which costs will not be included to determine if an applicant meets the eligibility criteria and conditions under the public policy
  • special education services (preparation of an individualized education plan, educational assistants, etc.)
  • social and vocational rehabilitation services (rehabilitation facilities, occupational therapy, behavioural therapy, speech-language therapy, etc.)
  • personal non-professional support services means services such as assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, feeding, etc.), meal preparation, house cleaning, etc.
  • provision of devices related to those services.

So legally this should not discriminate ASD kids anymore and should be processed as normal.
Only my opinion my friend :) but it is wrong how we are treated right now.