+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Condition of Child

hemipgirl

Dec 7, 2018
I have a son with very mild hemiparesis (due to a stroke at birth). He limps a little and you really need to be told to notice it. He goes to normal school and has great results and doesn't need any help at school. He only requires some physiotherapy or occupational therapy every now and then.
Does this need to be reported during the medical exam?
Will they ask questions related to this condition?
If it is not reported, will they ever find out in Canada if he goes for additional therapy sessions? Isn't your medical file confidential?

I am just worried that it will cause us a nuance and a refusal/delay. Other kids with similar conditions sometimes have severe cases but with my son it is barely noticeable.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a son with very mild hemiparesis (due to a stroke at birth). He limps a little and you really need to be told to notice it. He goes to normal school and has great results and doesn't need any help at school. He only requires some physiotherapy or occupational therapy every now and then.
If it is not reported, will they ever find out in Canada if he goes for additional therapy sessions? Isn't your medical file confidential?

I am just worried that it will cause us a nuance and a refusal/delay. Other kids with similar conditions sometimes have severe cases but with my son it is barely noticeable.
Yes, you need to report it. If his condition is as mild as you describe, there likely won't be any follow-up or issue.

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019

Hi, Can I know how did your medical exam go..

Pinksky

Jan 14, 2022

Hi..i hope the results went well?