Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
I had a heart condition and doctors advised me to have a stent inserted to clear a blocked vein.. Since then all my tests show normal results and have been on some medication to keep things stable.. I have to appear for medicals test next month.. Will it affect my medical test.

arun1990

Nov 19, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney/new delhi
NOC Code......
Noc B
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
File Transfer...
18-4-2016
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
6-1-2016
Passport Req..
God knows
VISA ISSUED...
God knows
LANDED..........
2-1-2012
I don't think it's a major issue. After the medicals confirm it with the doc(usually they do not discuss) all the best

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMani said:
I had a heart condition and doctors advised me to have a stent inserted to clear a blocked vein.. Since then all my tests show normal results and have been on some medication to keep things stable.. I have to appear for medicals test next month.. Will it affect my medical test.
You are good to go for medicals, its not a major issue. Only high deases will consider in medical rejection.

Suraj V

May 22, 2018
Hi SMani,
I am facing same issue as well. I had a stent placed in my heart 1.5 years back in Dec 2017 because of blood clotting in RCA. My test has been normal since then and I am on blood thinning medicines.
I am going to initiate the process of Canada PR, but while going through some links found out that there will be medical test. Now I am struck whether this can be reason for medical rejection.
since I believe you have already face the same scenario earlier, so you might be able to answer my below queries:-
1. Should I even initiate the process of PR?
2. Do they specifically asked for heart problems while filing for PR?
3. In case if specifically, heart related issue is not being asked, so do I need to mention this issue over there in medical issue section.

It will be great if you share your experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi SMani,
I am facing same issue as well. I had a stent placed in my heart 1.5 years back in Dec 2017 because of blood clotting in RCA. My test has been normal since then and I am on blood thinning medicines.
I am going to initiate the process of Canada PR, but while going through some links found out that there will be medical test. Now I am struck whether this can be reason for medical rejection.
since I believe you have already face the same scenario earlier, so you might be able to answer my below queries:-
3. In case if specifically, heart related issue is not being asked, so do I need to mention this issue over there in medical issue section.

Yes you need to mention your surgery and stent and medications used. As long as your blood clot is not related to a bigger issue and you blood thinners are not the newer more expensive injections you will likely be fine.

kushsunny

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

How was your medical test ? Have your passed it? Did you get ppr?

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi SMani,

Hi there. If you're still on a forum, could you please update me on this?

My husband also got a stent in heart, he is taking both metoprolol and irbesartan.

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022

My husband also got a stent in heart, he is taking both metoprolol and irbesartan.

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017

If you are on medication and all tests are normal, If your medical expenses does not exceed the Medical limits of Canada health care system, you are good to go

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

You need to research the cost of medication in terms of Canadian market and discuss with your doctor about its consequences on society. As these are two factors being looked upon in medical inadmissibability.