+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical card

Topor

Oct 20, 2019
Hey everybody.
I’m in Canada Like refugee claims almost 2 years with my family. We working legally from one year. My question is we are eligible to medical card? Or how we proceed to be going a doctor or need medication?
Thank you for yours help!

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hey everybody.
I’m in Canada Like refugee claims almost 2 years with my family. We working legally from one year. My question is we are eligible to medical card? Or how we proceed to be going a doctor or need medication?
Thank you for yours help!
If you are still a refugee claiment you don't need a provencal medical card, if you want to get a provencal medical card you need a full time job with six months validity on your employment letter (this is for Ontario).

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Refugee claimants aren’t eligible for full provincial health care whether they are working or not. They are covered by the federal government under the Interim Federal Health Program.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Refugee claimants aren’t eligible for full provincial health care whether they are working or not. They are covered by the federal government under the Interim Federal Health Program.
Go and ask Ontario services they will tell you exactly as I said, if a refugees claiments had a work permit and working a full time job last six months they will be eligible for OHIP. By the way I just asked them two days ago for my friends and that was the answer.

Topor

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for answers.
Because both we working my wife almost one year,and me I’m working like self employed Now like incorporate,we paid taxes.
We are in in Québec

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Thanks for answers.
Because both we working my wife almost one year,and me I’m working like self employed Now like incorporate,we paid taxes.
We are in in Québec
If you have a valid work permit u r eligible for provincial health services, just make sure it doesnt expires. U might end up paying the monthly premium for u and your wife, thats what i went through when i was a refugee claimant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As an asylum claimant you should be applying for IFHP. Don’t understand how someone who has been in Canada for 2 years has. not sorted out their health cards yet has incorporated a business. Doesn’t make sense.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
As an asylum claimant you should be applying for IFHP. Don’t understand how someone who has been in Canada for 2 years has. not sorted out their health cards yet has incorporated a business. Doesn’t make sense.
Family doctrs or clinic don’t accept ifhp, so its better to have the provicial health services