+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical before applying for visa? (Philippines)

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
My brother in law got accepted to centennial college and now we are getting our papers together for the visa application from Philippines. Our friend was telling us that the wait time to get an appointment for a medical is very long and they almost missed their deadline for the visa application because of that.

My question, is it possible to do the medical before we apply? or should we book an appointment as soon as we apply so that we will have time when the ircc requests the medical? How should we handle this?

so is it smart to do this before we apply and submit it with the application? Will I run into any validity issues?

Last edited:

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
You can always book an upfront medical exam that is an exam before you apply if you are doing a study permit. It will need to be with panel physician that is authorized by IRCC , the doctor will need to give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. You will have to add a copy of that document with your application, before submitting it.

Once you submit your application and you have NOT done an upfront medical you have to wait for instructions from IRCC

Last edited:

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
You can always book an upfront medical exam that is an exam before you apply if you are doing a study permit. It will need to be with panel physician that is authorized by IRCC , the doctor will need to give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. You will have to add a copy of that document with your application, before submitting it.

Once you submit your application and you have NOT done an upfront medical you have to wait for instructions from IRCC
how about if I do it while the study visa is in process? The first appointment that we could get is March 8th, but I plan on submitting the application in the next few weeks.

The big issue is that in the Philippines even if we get the request to do it, they give a 30 day limit and its basically impossible to get an appointment within 30 days.

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
Hi! I'm an international student and both my study permit and visitor visa were set to expire last month, so I had to extend my study permit like 3 months ago. Part of the required documents that I had to submit was one upfront medical exam, which took place on January 13th, 2022. Now that I'm trying to renew my visitor visa in order to leave Canada and visit my family, I'm asked again to submit another upfront medical exam, no matter that I just had one this year... so my question is, do I need to take a new one or can I provide the same 'proof' document I got 3 months ago?

disha2406

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
02-04-2022
Med's Request
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
19-04-2022
Your medical should be valid at the time of arrival in Canada.