+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical assessment

lakeland

Feb 26, 2016
Hello
I sponsored my brother family for permanent residence on a family sponsorship program.
Family consist of five people including three kids age 6 ,4 and 1 year old,
My brother is principal applicant
I got a letter to go for medical assessment. In the letter they only mention name of principal applicant and did not say any thing about other family members.

I will get a separate letter for other family members as well or that's the only letter for all family members.

Please some one guide me.

Regards

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
As far as I know, kids with ages you listed are not required to undergo medical examinations for visa. I might be wrong, but I think I have seen this somewhere.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As far as I know, kids with ages you listed are not required to undergo medical examinations for visa. I might be wrong, but I think I have seen this somewhere.
All ages must get a medical for PR. This is not for a visitor or study visa. They should get their own letters. They can do upfront medicals and update their file.

Reactions: teodinho

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I sponsored my brother family for permanent residence on a family sponsorship program.
I got a letter to go for medical assessment. In the letter they only mention name of principal applicant and did not say any thing about other family members.

I will get a separate letter for other family members as well or that's the only letter for all family members.

Regards
Are you married? Common law? Have any children? Are your parents and grandparents deceased? Do you have other family in Canada?

evan89

Jul 7, 2023
Hello

Regards
In this situation, it would be wise to get in touch directly with the appropriate immigration authorities or the designated panel physician for further clarification. You should explain your circumstances and inquire about the issuance of separate letters for the other family members or if the existing letter applies to the entire family. It is crucial to ensure that all members of your family complete the necessary medical assessments as outlined in the immigration guidelines. By seeking clarification, you can prevent any potential confusion or delays in the application process. Remember to provide pertinent information, including the names and ages of the other family members, when seeking clarification from the immigration authorities or panel physician. They will be able to offer accurate guidance and information based on your specific situation.