+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical and IELTS about to expire

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
When do medical and ielts are locked in the system? Is it the ITA date or AOR date?
If my medical and ielts are valid at the time of ITA but expire before I submit my application, what will be consequences? @legalfalcon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When do medical and ielts are locked in the system? Is it the ITA date or AOR date?
If my medical and ielts are valid at the time of ITA but expire before I submit my application, what will be consequences? @legalfalcon
IELTS results need to be valid at the time you submit your application. If you submit your application with expired IELTS results, the application will be refused.

The medical can be redone. I'm not sure if this needs to be before the application is submitted and I'm sure others will comments.

However IELTS results definitely need to be valid at the time IRCC received your application (not just at ITA).

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
IELTS results need to be valid at the time you submit your application. If you submit your application with expired IELTS results, the application will be refused.

The medical can be redone. I'm not sure if this needs to be before the application is submitted and I'm sure others will comments.

However IELTS results definitely need to be valid at the time IRCC received your application (not just at ITA).
Thanks. My pnp application is already under process but since it’s uncertain how long it will take fir IRCC to approve it, I thought another EE profile maybe a better option to receive ITA. But I also need to factor medical and ielts as they are expiring soon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Your language test results must be valid (written in the last two years) when you submit your application for permanent residence. If they expire, you should retake the test and provide us with valid results.

However, when you create a profile, you need a valid language result, you can update them, but it is an applicants responsibility to ensure that the CRS does not drop.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when
  • the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if
  • the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.

As regards medicals, see my previous post at #4,335

Reactions: Princes2020