+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical and FBI times question

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My spouse and I have some questions regarding FBI and medical times.

We got our FBI check a bit early, I think. Is it good for 3 or 6 months? On Nov. 29, it'll be 3 months since we got it. We've been rushing to get our PR finished and submitted to CIC by that date due to the FBI check. But I want to make sure of something. What if CIC receives our app just a few days before the FBI expires? Will they make us get another one if it expires while they are still processing it or is it okay as long as they receive it before it does so?

Also, the CIC panel doctor in our area is on vacation until Dec. 1, unfortunately. Should we go to another doctor to get the medical done so that it's submitted earlier? Or is it okay to send the medical just a few days later than our application?

I hope I worded my questions understandably. I would very much appreciate any help you guys can offer. This forum has helped us immensely already.

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC changed the validity period for PCCs last year (I believe).

They must now be issued with the last 6 months, if you are still living in the country from which it is provided.

For a country where you have previously lived, it must be issued after the last time that you lived there. These will not have an expiry date, as long as you do not return there.

Submitting the Outland application without medical is usually not recommended. I'd wait for your doctor to return, find another panel physician, or delay sending the application.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
CIC changed the validity period for PCCs last year (I believe).

They must now be issued with the last 6 months, if you are still living in the country from which it is provided.

For a country where you have previously lived, it must be issued after the last time that you lived there. These will not have an expiry date, as long as you do not return there.

Submitting the Outland application without medical is usually not recommended. I'd wait for your doctor to return, find another panel physician, or delay sending the application.
Thanks, Ponga! So just to make sure I have got this right. I haven't been to the US since the FBI check was issued, so it actually won't expire at all? And I guess even if it does, I still have 3 months left before that.

So I can probably safely wait until Dec. 1 for the medical and just send everything in shortly after that.

Thanks again!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epmarshall said:
Thanks, Ponga! So just to make sure I have got this right. I haven't been to the US since the FBI check was issued, so it actually won't expire at all? And I guess even if it does, I still have 3 months left before that.

So I can probably safely wait until Dec. 1 for the medical and just send everything in shortly after that.

Thanks again!
Correct. The FBI IHSR letter will remain valid unless/until CIC changes their policy...again.

Make sure the panel physician that you are using uses the e-Medical system, to send the results electronically to CIC. Include your medical receipt (copy) with your application.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Correct. The FBI IHSR letter will remain valid unless/until CIC changes their policy...again.

Make sure the panel physician that you are using uses the e-Medical system, to send the results electronically to CIC. Include your medical receipt (copy) with your application.
Awesome! Yes, the panel physician does use e-medical. Thank you again, Ponga! Much appreciated.

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I hope you don't mind me using your message thread epmarshall! I would have posted mine with the same title, so hopefully someone can help me with my situation.

FBI records: I've lived in the USA in two separate periods, the first time a bit over a year and then a bit over 6 months the second time. I did my FBI background check and sent it out to CIC while I was still in USA the second time but hadn't left the country yet. Does anyone know whether this would be a problem?

Medical exam: I did my medical exam last December but we sent out our application only in May, so now we're approaching the day when the medicals will expire, before I'll get the COPR. The problem is I'm starting a six-month travel period in a week and during the first couple of months I won't be anywhere near to any panel physicians to renew the medical exam. So my question is, can the medical exam be done in advance, before CIC requests an updated one (and will they receive the updated one properly through the e-system? And can someone confirm that medicals can actually be done anywhere in the world as long as you're using a panel physician listed in the CIC website?

Thank you all the forum members who tirelessly answer our questions!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FiveO said:
I did my FBI background check and sent it out to CIC while I was still in USA the second time but hadn't left the country yet. Does anyone know whether this would be a problem?
As long as it was received by CIC within 6 months from the date that it was issued, you should be fine.

Medical exam:
And can someone confirm that medicals can actually be done anywhere in the world as long as you're using a panel physician listed in the CIC website?
Yes.

Thank you all the forum members who tirelessly answer our questions!

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you for your help!!

Does anyone has an input whether the medical can be done in advance?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For an Outland applicant it is strongly advised to do the medical upfront.

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
For an Outland applicant it is strongly advised to do the medical upfront.
Even for the updated one (after the first one expires)?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FiveO said:
Even for the updated one (after the first one expires)?
No, since CIC sometimes extends the medical. No reason to spend the money [again] unless CIC requests another medical.

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
No, since CIC sometimes extends the medical. No reason to spend the money [again] unless CIC requests another medical.
I heard that is sometimes what they do, but I assume there's no way of knowing beforehand. Like I said earlier I won't be anywhere near any physicians to do the medical if they request it during the next couple of months (and I assume they give you about 30 days to do it after they send out a request) so I guess my only option is to do it before, just in case. Unless someone can advice me otherwise...

Thank you for your help!