cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone received a medical surveillance undertaking form in their MyCIC account?
I submitted my passports and got this in my account. The form is pre-populated and it appears that it is only a declaration on our behalf to allow the government to monitor our health after landing, but there are no instructions on how to send it back to CIC.

Reactions: Gautam.yennem

testpatience

Feb 18, 2016
Please refer the below details. Google medical surveillance + cic. I have copied the details since I could not post the link

Completing the IMM 0535 form for cases requiring medical surveillance by the provincial or territorial public health authorities
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the IRCC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Visa or immigration officers
The Medical Surveillance Undertaking form [IMM 0535B] (Part A – sections 1-11) must be completed overseas by the visa or immigration officer. The applicant must present the IMM 0535 form at the port of entry (POE) upon arrival to Canada to ensure that proper medical follow-up takes place.

Border services officers
Upon receiving the IMM 0535 form from the applicant, the border services officer must complete Part B of the form. There are three fields that must be filled out in Part B:

field 12 is for the confirmation or update of the applicant’s address and phone number;
field 13 is for the office stamp;
field 14 must be signed and dated by the examining officer.
The “Holder’s copy” must be returned to the applicant and the “CIC/Medical Surveillance copy” must be sent daily to the Public Health Liaison Unit via prepaid envelopes.

The border services officer should also remind the applicant that CIC must be notified of any change of address that occurs within three months of arrival in Canada; the applicant may report a change of address by accessing CIC's online services or by contacting the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (toll-free in Canada).

If the applicant does not hand over their IMM 0535 form at the POE, the border services officer must issue one and complete Parts A and B. If the border services officer uses the online version of the IMM 0535 form, two copies of the form must be printed and filled out. One copy is given is to the applicant and the second one is returned to CIC's Public Health Liaison Unit (as described above).

A medical surveillance handout must also be issued to applicants who require medical surveillance for inactive tuberculosis.

The Public Health Liaison Unit will notify the provincial or territorial public health authorities of newly arrived applicants who require medical surveillance. It is then the applicant’s responsibility to request that the public health officials return a proof of compliance to CIC’s Public Health Liaison Unit.

Questions regarding the procedure for clients requiring medical surveillance (by the provincial or territorial public health authorities) should be directed to the Public Health Liaison Unit.

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sharif1839

Jul 27, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
AOR Received.
February 2015
Med's Request
March 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1 September 2016, Sent 4 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 September 2016, received 6 October 2016
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
cantn said:
Has anyone received a medical surveillance undertaking form in their MyCIC account?
I submitted my passports and got this in my account. The form is pre-populated and it appears that it is only a declaration on our behalf to allow the government to monitor our health after landing, but there are no instructions on how to send it back to CIC.
Dear,

How did you solve the issue regarding medical surveillance undertaking form? I received a correspondence letter in mycic with a filled up medical surveillance undertaking form for my wife. There was no other instruction. The application status is still open. Should I wait?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
sharif1839 said:
Dear,

How did you solve the issue regarding medical surveillance undertaking form? I received a correspondence letter in mycic with a filled up medical surveillance undertaking form for my wife. There was no other instruction. The application status is still open. Should I wait?
Medical surveillance has something to do after landing. Doesnt effect your application. After landing you need to report to Public Health within 30 days. The officer will explain everything at landing.

cathy0127

Jan 18, 2016
Did anyone have already complete the whole medical surveillance process?
If yes, could you please share your experience? :D

HopefulPinay

Oct 25, 2016
cathy0127 said:
Did anyone have already complete the whole medical surveillance process?
If yes, could you please share your experience? :D
hello Cathy! let me know please if you get to know more information about medical surveillance.

------------
i got a medical surveilance form and i know this means i have to report to a health clinic for monitoring. wala po further message but the form lang.
can anyone enlighten us on the process? how long is the surveillance normally? can this be completed in a week only?
i plan to stay in Canada for a short period only and go back to Philippines to continue my work and studies.
should i declare this as a change in address? will i be able to complete my health check or is it just a one-time reporting to health office?

thanks to those who can help answer. thank you
-----------------

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hello Guys,

Here is the explanation of MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING process.

It's my experience, Since I am already living in Canada I go through that process and I believed that this process will be the same who are coming from another country for PR

MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING form will be filled by an immigration officer at the port of entry for PR / landing in Canada for PR. the officer will fill out & stamp the form and hand over one copy of that form to you. After that, you will need to contact specific health clinic listed by CIC(I think they will provide you that contact list at the port of entry). you can call them or meet personally(i preferred to meet them) with that copy of the form. clinic person will make an appointment with a doctor to exam you, they will do x-ray or Sputum test if required. after that, all your report sent to CIC. they will tell you about next follow-up. they will tell you to do a follow-up in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or no needed to do a follow-up. it depends on person case to case. this examination is a normal base on (some question regarding your health, weight, x-ray, sputum test etc). it will not affect to PR card but Yes you will need to do follow-up timely every time until they said you are good to go. Please don't take the stress. It's just CIC protocol for an applicant with the medical condition.

Hope that give you all your answers. Take care

Oct 11, 2018
Hello Guys,

Here is the explanation of MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING process.

It's my experience, Since I am already living in Canada I go through that process and I believed that this process will be the same who are coming from another country for PR

MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING form will be filled by an immigration officer at the port of entry for PR / landing in Canada for PR. the officer will fill out & stamp the form and hand over one copy of that form to you. After that, you will need to contact specific health clinic listed by CIC(I think they will provide you that contact list at the port of entry). you can call them or meet personally(i preferred to meet them) with that copy of the form. clinic person will make an appointment with a doctor to exam you, they will do x-ray or Sputum test if required. after that, all your report sent to CIC. they will tell you about next follow-up. they will tell you to do a follow-up in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or no needed to do a follow-up. it depends on person case to case. this examination is a normal base on (some question regarding your health, weight, x-ray, sputum test etc). it will not affect to PR card but Yes you will need to do follow-up timely every time until they said you are good to go. Please don't take the stress. It's just CIC protocol for an applicant with the medical condition.

Hope that give you all your answers. Take care
Hi,
What should I do if i didnt receive a copy of Medical Surveillance undertaking at port of entry. This morning I received an email asking about my current address and my phone number in Canada. Do I need to do anything after I submit the information they required.
Thanks.

sus2727

Dec 20, 2018
Hi,
What should I do if i didnt receive a copy of Medical Surveillance undertaking at port of entry. This morning I received an email asking about my current address and my phone number in Canada. Do I need to do anything after I submit the information they required.
Thanks.
Did u follow up on that mail and what did they say

sus2727

Dec 20, 2018
Within 2 working days, they will call you back. If not, you can actively contact them.
They will appoint a nurse to take care of your case. She/he will instruct you what should you do next.
I kind of missed out on the deadline of 30 days, long back & I just came to know about this.Sort of crisis situation right now.is there something that could be done??

Oct 11, 2018
I kind of missed out on the deadline of 30 days, long back & I just came to know about this.Sort of crisis situation right now.is there something that could be done??
Within 30 days, you need to contact with them. The medical check will be later on 30 days, it’s ok, but you need to let them know. For other cases sorry I don’t know.

Rupi kaur

Aug 8, 2018
hi
i have also received medical surveillance form with my documents. but i forget to handover it to immigration officer at airport. now what will i do ?