+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mechanical (Design)

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Hello everyone,

Can you please evaluate the following profile and help me choose one of the following three courses only?

Applying from : India
Applying in : Fall, 2017
10th : 90.33%
10+2 (12th) : 61%
B.Tech in Mechanical : 62%
IELTS : 7 (no band less than 6)

Courses :

1. Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering (1 yr PG Certificate) + Applied Mechanical Design (1 yr PG Certificate)
Fanshawe College

2. Mechanical Engineering Technology - Design (Fast Track) (2 yr Advanced Dip.)
Centennial College

3. Mechanical Engineering Technology - Design (3 yr Advanced Dip.)
George Brown College

(Clearly, I am looking for a 2 or more years of PGWP.) I just need to know which course and college is better among these three. Thank you.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Aftermath said:
Hello everyone,

Can you please evaluate the following profile and help me choose one of the following three courses only?

Courses :

1. Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering (1 yr PG Certificate) + Applied Mechanical Design (1 yr PG Certificate)
Fanshawe College

Centennial College

George Brown College

(Clearly, I am looking for a 2 or more years of PGWP.) I just need to know which course and college is better among these three. Thank you.
All 3 have their own uniqueness but keeping in view more chance to get Visa approval, you should choose number 1 ( as you are already a B. Tech).

Good Luck.

neelpatel19071994

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi- Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
19/09/2015
Med's Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
19/10/2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
Soon ( 11th in Apr'17)
Aftermath said:
Hello everyone,

Courses :

Fanshawe College

Centennial College

George Brown College

All courses are good dear , but as you have done bachelor's here and also have high bands in IELTS . It would be more better for you to take PG course or the best Masters programme at reputed universities such as Concordia, Dalhousie, Windsor, Carleton, Saskatchewan etc.

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Gymguy said:
All 3 have their own uniqueness but keeping in view more chance to get Visa approval, you should choose number 1 ( as you are already a B. Tech).

Good Luck.
Thank you for your reply. I had a small question though. You're right about choice 1, but the fast track course in Centennial also needs applicants to hold a bachelor's degree in relevant field. It's in their course description. How about that? Will it be good enough too? Thank you. :)

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
neelpatel19071994 said:
All courses are good dear , but as you have done bachelor's here and also have high bands in IELTS . It would be more better for you to take PG course or the best Masters programme at reputed universities such as Concordia, Dalhousie, Windsor, Carleton, Saskatchewan etc.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it. :) Is the profile good enough for University applications? I thought they need yet stronger academics. Thank you.

neelpatel19071994

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi- Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
19/09/2015
Med's Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
19/10/2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
Soon ( 11th in Apr'17)
Aftermath said:
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it. :) Is the profile good enough for University applications? I thought they need yet stronger academics. Thank you.
Yaa.. You definitely need strong academics dear, but if you have strong sop with good extra curricular certis and other scholastics, sports etc achievements. then this your academics might work in a few universities. Its better to find more details on respective university websites.

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
neelpatel19071994 said:
Yaa.. You definitely need strong academics dear, but if you have strong sop with good extra curricular certis and other scholastics, sports etc achievements. then this your academics might work in a few universities. Its better to find more details on respective university websites.
Thank you. I'll look into that.

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Aftermath said:
Thank you for your reply. I had a small question though. You're right about choice 1, but the fast track course in Centennial also needs applicants to hold a bachelor's degree in relevant field. It's in their course description. How about that? Will it be good enough too? Thank you. :)
Any thoughts on that? Thank you. :)

Prash23

Oct 27, 2017
kindly evaluate my profile and suggest
10th: 85%
15th:89%
B.E.(aeronautical):66.6
ielts:6.5 with no band less than 6
work exp: 3years as a CAE engineer ( perform full vehicle crash, durability analysis, finite element modelling) worked for OEMs like chrysler and GM on deputation)

planning to take practical elements of mechanical engineering. kindly suggest whether it is good.

Apr 4, 2018
I got an offer for practical elements of mechanical engineering at Fanshawe. Need suggestion if it is good for job prospects.
I have IELTS band score of 8(with no band less than 7 and listening band score is 9)

ArkhamAj

Dec 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

Good to see a thread for Mechanical Design here.
I'm looking to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry and have completed all the processes in ITA but still not able to circle in any province. Any leads for Mechanical Design Engineer to stay and find jobs (understand it won't be easy to find jobs but which province intake or have more relevant job opportunities for Mechanical Engineers) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ❤