Waived
Passport Req..
10-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
Hi Fellows,

Started reading posts today morning and couldn't resist self on logging. I am planning to migrate but not sure which way should I take - study visa or work permit thru PR. I am a mechanical engineer with total 15 years work exp. (3 years in middle east and last 12 years in India)

From threads, I could see mixed responses on job search and study. I have been talking to Consultants also and deliberating on both options.

I have following queries:-
1. Will pursuing a higher study (masters) from Canada will help ?
2. Out of M.Engg and MBA, which one is better? Though I am Mech. engineer, I have mainly worked in estimation, sales and marketing of Mech. services (system sales)
3. On studies, I am out of context for last 15 years (except for few distance learning courses in between). Is education after such long haul acceptable in Canadian Universities ?
4. Is it advisable to do an initial visit and weigh options regarding province (I have been told to decide on province as part of PR application)

Looking forward to your suggestions / feedback.

thanks and br

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
1. Will pursuing a higher study (masters) from Canada will help ?
Helps you to understand local market and norms of practice; will help once you graduate for job hunting

2. Out of M.Engg and MBA, which one is better? Though I am Mech. engineer, I have mainly worked in estimation, sales and marketing of Mech. services (system sales)
IMO, MBA would be my choice as you've got enough working experience as Engineer; Engineer is regulated so you need undergo accreditation; MBA anables you to work professional job immediately.

3. On studies, I am out of context for last 15 years (except for few distance learning courses in between). Is education after such long haul acceptable in Canadian Universities ?
If your have recent experience, you are considered as mature student. But you need contact educational institution to find out.

4. Is it advisable to do an initial visit and weigh options regarding province (I have been told to decide on province as part of PR application)
That would be very benefitial if your financial condition allows.