+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

meaning of ITA

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
This is just an academic question, I'm already a PR -- under the new process, does receiving an ITA mean that, providing all of the information that you put into your EE profile is demonstrably true, you'll be approved?

I'm only curious; I ran my information from 5 years ago through the calculator, and it looks like I would no longer be able to immigrate to Canada, under this new system. It's a big change, under the old system I think I had more than 80 points (where 67 were required), owing to a Canadian BA and fluent English. How have they changed the allocation of points?

Edit: I found the second question myself -- basically, it looks like they now take off a lot more points for being in my 30s, and for having a wife with no Canadian experience. Here's the grid, if anyone cares:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An ITA is granted purely on the basis of user provided information. The authenticity and validity of such information is checked by a CIC officer for the first time after the applicant submits necessary documents after receiving the ITA. Even if the information is demonstrably true, it has to satisfy the officer reviewing the application.

On its own, ITA does not guarantee PR.