+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meaning of “We’re reviewing your eligibility”

Ulref

Dec 22, 2020
Hi everyone! Yesterday I logged into my account gc account and it said that my application was updated. It now says “we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”. Before that, the only updated I’ve got was on background check, they’re reviewing my background. So, do you think this means there’s a final decision coming? How long it would take now for the answer.

I applied online on November 12th, and my program starts on February 1st in Québec city.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi everyone! Yesterday I logged into my account gc account and it said that my application was updated. It now says “we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”. Before that, the only updated I’ve got was on background check, they’re reviewing my background. So, do you think this means there’s a final decision coming? How long it would take now for the answer.

I applied online on November 12th, and my program starts on February 1st in Québec city.
Yes, there is a final decision coming if you have done your medicals. It usually updates the next day but since you didn't get an update today, You should expect an update by tomorrow. Monday latest.

Harry273

Dec 1, 2020

lucky you applied from?i applied on nov 17 still no update

denial

Aug 20, 2020
My eligibility status is still 'we are reviewing the your eligibility".
But this week I have received the final decision and it was approved. Also, got the PPR on the same day.
Thanks.

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
But this week I have received the final decision and it was approved. Also, got the PPR on the same day.
Thanks.
Can you share your timeline please ?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020

According to the people in this forum, an eligibility is an indication that your application is progressing and it is on the route to a final decision. However, the eligibility process, in some cases, might take some time, at least in India. There were few applicants mentioning that it would take around 15-20 days approx. to get a decision. I am not sure about your country. In my case, my eligibility started the same day of the medical passed, which was on December 21, 2020. I have been waiting for the response since then. I think it depends on your education and career background and the country in which you have applied. I have my course starting on 17 January 2021, still waiting. We can wait and ask IRCC to expedite the process, but the time and the decision is theirs always.

Ghanisht97

Dec 23, 2020
According to the people in this forum, an eligibility is an indication that your application is progressing and it is on the route to a final decision. However, the eligibility process, in some cases, might take some time, at least in India. There were few applicants mentioning that it would take around 15-20 days approx. to get a decision. I am not sure about your country. In my case, my eligibility started the same day of the medical passed, which was on December 21, 2020. I have been waiting for the response since then. I think it depends on your education and career background and the country in which you have applied. I have my course starting on 17 January 2021, still waiting. We can wait and ask IRCC to expedite the process, but the time and the decision is theirs always.
Got any update related to visa?

Visaforsure

Dec 24, 2020

Not to discourage you but i had cleared my medicals on 12th dec. And got atleast 3 ghost updates till now,my eligibility is reviewing and also background check is in process after clearing medicals and not a single update till date. Hope u get ur ppr soon.

Reactions: joshwillard

Ulref

Dec 22, 2020
Not to discourage you but i had cleared my medicals on 12th dec. And got atleast 3 ghost updates till now,my eligibility is reviewing and also background check is in process after clearing medicals and not a single update till date. Hope u get ur ppr soon.
Why did you need medicals? I am from Colombia and I don’t needed at all

Ulref

Dec 22, 2020
Thanks.
When you received your final decision and ppr, did you get an email o did you log into your account and see it there?

joshwillard

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
My medicals were updated on 14Dec. Status - Reviewing too

But no updates after that.

Most ppl are getting updates within 10days after medical update. Sad for us.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
My medicals were updated on 14Dec. Status - Reviewing too

But no updates after that.

Most ppl are getting updates within 10days after medical update. Sad for us.
True. Even my medicals requested by IRCC on 11th December and medicals passed on 17th Dec. It was not upfront. Unfortunately we all fell into vacation duration. No update after the medicals passed. Still under background check.