+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MCS degree Equivalency according to CES?

makov

Jan 6, 2020
Pakistan
I am planning to move to Canada. I have done my master's in Computer science MCS from Pakistan, it is not MSCS or MS. now I couldn't find an appropriate answer related to my degree. my first question is what is the equivalency of MCS according to the Canadian educational system, the Second question is should i go for the second master's degree or diploma certificate?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
I am planning to move to Canada. I have done my master's in Computer science MCS from Pakistan, it is not MSCS or MS. now I couldn't find an appropriate answer related to my degree. my first question is what is the equivalency of MCS according to the Canadian educational system, the Second question is should i go for the second master's degree or diploma certificate?
I am in the same boat, after extensive research and working...
In my opinion, your preceding degree 2 years program would be equal to 2 years diploma and MCS in conjunction with your last degree will be equivalent to 16 years undergraduate degree (BAchelor's degree).

This way you'll be able to claim points for two to or more degrees.

What was your preceding degree? (Degree you acquired before MCS)

My friends have gotten 16 years equivalenc for 2+@ degrees, But one of them had Bcoms + Msc Econ
Other had Bcom + Mcom.

I have BA + MCS..... looking for the same answer

Did you have luck finding that answer? If yes, please guide me too.....

I am sharing a thread that I started on the same subject, along some links I have

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-mcs-assessment-has-anyone-gotten-eca-done-for-mcs-from-any-recongnised-pakistani-university.724127/

makov

Jan 6, 2020
Pakistan
I am in the same boat, after extensive research and working...
In my opinion, your preceding degree 2 years program would be equal to 2 years diploma and MCS in conjunction with your last degree will be equivalent to 16 years undergraduate degree (BAchelor's degree).

This way you'll be able to claim points for two to or more degrees.

What was your preceding degree? (Degree you acquired before MCS)

My friends have gotten 16 years equivalenc for 2+@ degrees, But one of them had Bcoms + Msc Econ
Other had Bcom + Mcom.

I have BA + MCS..... looking for the same answer

Did you have luck finding that answer? If yes, please guide me too.....

I am sharing a thread that I started on the same subject, along some links I have

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-mcs-assessment-has-anyone-gotten-eca-done-for-mcs-from-any-recongnised-pakistani-university.724127/
I have done BA before MCS,
Yes, I believe I can get equivalency certificate of 16 years of education from Pakistan, but no idea what is the situation on the Canadian side, because I am thinking of a master's. but I got no idea whether I should go for a masters or PGD

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
I have done BA before MCS,
Yes, I believe I can get an equivalency certificate of 16 years of education from Pakistan, but no idea what is the situation on the Canadian side, because I am thinking of a master's. but I got no idea whether I should go for a masters or PGD
You should get ECA as:

2 years Diploma for BA
and Bachelors 4 years for MCS
That's rational,
In the worst of circumstances, It can be Bachelors's (3 years).

Keep us posted here at the forum, preferably on this thread.

Good luck.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
You should get ECA as:

2 years Diploma for BA
and Bachelors 4 years for MCS
That's rational,
In the worst of circumstances, It can be Bachelors's (3 years).

Keep us posted here at the forum, preferably on this thread.

Good luck.
Even Then, It's a bachelor's degree. It 'll open many new job possibilities.....

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
will I get admission on the basis of that in the Master's program having CGPA 3.4?
In theory, you should be able to get admission in a Master's or PGD, or in both.

For a master's, you need to meet the criteria set by the specific university you want to go to, you can check that by checking their websites.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
In theory, you should be able to get admission in a Master's or PGD, or in both.

For a master's, you need to meet the criteria set by the specific university you want to go to, you can check that by checking their websites.
Undergrad degree requires 120 credit hours (more or less globally), this combination gives you 122 credit hours. So, In my opinion that should not be the problem, if you meet other requirements