+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

McGill Winter 2015 admissions

manJay

Jul 18, 2014
Khabkhab

Which program did you apply bro? I applied for M.Eng(ECE), but still no response. When I inquired them they said results will only be sent in mid October for ECE applicants. Just wondering anyone from ECE got decision from them.

Sabeeh19

Oct 4, 2014
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
08-Nov-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2014(Passed)
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2014
I have got admission for Winter 2015 in Concordia University M.Eng Prog....Well waiting for the reply from McGill.....And i m interested to know whether I am too late in applying the visa if I wait for Mcgill's reply which will be made by Mid October or should I right away accept Concordia's offer and submit my online study permit application now without wasting further time???

manJay

Jul 18, 2014
Sabeeh19 said:
I have got admission for Winter 2015 in Concordia University M.Eng Prog....Well waiting for the reply from McGill.....And i m interested to know whether I am too late in applying the visa if I wait for Mcgill's reply which will be made by Mid October or should I right away accept Concordia's offer and submit my online study permit application now without wasting further time???
Check out this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15
According to the above link , you can change your university during visa process by informing them. But I'm not sure what complications may arise from that, therefore better to seek further advice.

Sabeeh19

Oct 4, 2014
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
08-Nov-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2014(Passed)
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2014
Manjay Bro, from ur link i read this:
Post-secondary student
You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid

So does this mean we dont need to notify them of the change in admission and continue to use the study permit recieved using the offer letter of the university selected earlier. Am I right?

manJay

Jul 18, 2014
Sabeeh19 said:
So does this mean we dont need to notify them of the change in admission and continue to use the study permit received using the offer letter of the university selected earlier. Am I right?
What I think is that you can go ahead apply for you Visa with Concordia uni admission letter. That way you get to submit your Visa application early. If your application is approved then you'll be given a Letter of Introduction, which you must present to immigration authorities at the point of entry to Canada to collect your student permit. If you're going to a different university than what is mentioned in the letter of introduction, they may question about it, but still it won't be a problem in my opinion. But to be on the safe side it's better to inform that you are going to different university during the visa process, once you get admission from another university, so that they can mention the correct university name on letter of introduction. That is my opinion and what I will do if I'm in your shoes. Hope this helps
Refer to this link as well
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-after.asp

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Hello guys,

I am from Pakistan and planning to apply student visa on 15 december, My documents checklist is:

All Degrees and Transcripts (HSC and University)
Acceptance Letter
IELTS
SOP
CV
Student Visa Form
Affidavit of Support
Police character certificate
FRC
NIC English translation
Financial Proof Documents.

But i am little confuse in Financial Proof matter, as i have no cash in bank and i will only be submitting "Letter from National Saving Centre" and "Investment Certificates from bank"!!

Anyone can pls comment on case, is this sufficient or not??

varun_123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 july 2015
IELTS Request
done 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 july 2015
Med's Done....
11-07-15
Interview........
N.A.
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
hopefully soon (;
guys dont you think you have applied so early ??

sum5953

Aug 21, 2016
lonesurvivor said:
I am also accepted in McGill Uni. for winter 2015- Mechanical MEng ( Course Based)Masters.
also received recommendation on 26 Sept. . :)
Hii,
I just want to know, when did u submit ur application for which u got acceptance on 26 september.