+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

McGill University

jatin_jai5

Mar 7, 2013
is there any difficulty to get offer letter if there is 9 year education gap in 10 and 12 class

plzzzzz anyone help me

i passed my 10 in 2004 and now appearing for 12 in 2013. can i get admit in any of Canadian collage.
between these time i helped my grandpaa in farming.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jatin_jai5 said:
is there any difficulty to get offer letter if there is 9 year education gap in 10 and 12 class

plzzzzz anyone help me

i passed my 10 in 2004 and now appearing for 12 in 2013. can i get admit in any of Canadian collage.
between these time i helped my grandpaa in farming.
Sure you can, given that you graduated in 12th with good score. But things differ from profile to profile. I would suggest you to post this on relevant thread, because posting here on McGill wont get a proper replies which you may expect.

MacGruber

Mar 18, 2013
Hi Guys!

I know this must be an extremely stressful time... Waiting in a kind of limbo without a yes or no is terrible... but could you say something about my chances to get in the grad school at McGill? I am not so familiar of how competitive a cv must be to get in. I will apply for 2014 entry at pathology Msc program, so I still have some time...

I have a MD degree in Brazil + one year as a visiting student at the Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology department of UoT.
CGPA - 8.6/10 (they say the minimum is 7/10 for a brazilian application, but I know that an 8.6 iss something between B+ and A-).
IELTS - 7.5/9
Research experience: Two summer research internships (one at UoT and another at McMaster) + One Paper + 2 congress posters
I also have worked as T.A in 2 courses in my home university + one year of volunteer work
GRE: I still dont know...
I also have a fellowship agreement, so I will pay domestic tuition fees.

I really appreciate any kind of feedback!

Thank you!

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MacGruber said:
Hi Guys!

I know this must be an extremely stressful time... Waiting in a kind of limbo without a yes or no is terrible... but could you say something about my chances to get in the grad school at McGill? I am not so familiar of how competitive a cv must be to get in. I will apply for 2014 entry at pathology Msc program, so I still have some time...

I have a MD degree in Brazil + one year as a visiting student at the Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology department of UoT.
CGPA - 8.6/10 (they say the minimum is 7/10 for a brazilian application, but I know that an 8.6 iss something between B+ and A-).
IELTS - 7.5/9
Research experience: Two summer research internships (one at UoT and another at McMaster) + One Paper + 2 congress posters
I also have worked as T.A in 2 courses in my home university + one year of volunteer work
GRE: I still dont know...
I also have a fellowship agreement, so I will pay domestic tuition fees.

I really appreciate any kind of feedback!

Thank you!
Your grades seem good.

tcoy0204

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Heya guys. Ive read all the posts relating to studies in quebec..But I couldnt find any case similar to my query.
I have a relative whose 17 years of age who wants to study in Canada. Preferably in Montreal, Quebec.

I would like to ask some queries

1. I cant be her guardian, because it should be a PR /Citizen. DO you know of any helpo wherein I coud find one?
2. Shes currently studying in a University, 2nd year collge. Will it cause any problem?
3. For her financial support, her sisters will sponsor her.
4. Do you have any suggestions on her choice of course? Will it be post secondary diploma?

Your response is very much appreciated. It would be beneficial for us. Compared to applying in Uk as student visa, Canada is much more good for future oppurtunities.

Thanks in advance

Blast

Feb 14, 2013
This is to let those waiting on the ECE department that admits for the MEng program have started coming in. I haven't been contacted yet and my status still reads "ready for review". A friend of mine received an email from the ECE department today saying he has been recommended for admission by the department.

yankitwizzy

Feb 28, 2013
Blast said:
This is to let those waiting on the ECE department that admits for the MEng program have started coming in. I haven't been contacted yet and my status still reads "ready for review". A friend of mine received an email from the ECE department today saying he has been recommended for admission by the department.
Wow. What area of specialization did he put? What are his stats? Does he have a scholarship?

It seems those that don't hear anything before this month ends would be rejected.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
guri dhillon said:
hi
getting admission in McGill is not a joke ..best of luck....you will get visa if you foucus on finance and acamdics i think it will be amazing .
What about McMaster? :p ;)

Blast

Feb 14, 2013
yankitwizzy said:
Wow. What area of specialization did he put? What are his stats? Does he have a scholarship?

It seems those that don't hear anything before this month ends would be rejected.
He applied for MEng(Thesis) - Systems and Control.
Stats: CGPA 3.71/4, IELTS 8.5, GRE 167V,162Q, 4.5AWA, Minimal research experience
He has a scholarship

You might be right about the chances of those who may not be contacted before the end of march. The only rejects I saw on gradcafe for last year came early april.
I hope we hear good news soon.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello McGill aspirants any updates? Its match ending and I am getting anxious.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay so mech dept. told that all application are currently under review now.

Blast

Feb 14, 2013
There's been scary silence here for some time. I just checked my minerva status and it read: RECOMMENDED BY DEPARTMENT. Wishing all expectant aspirants the best.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Blast said:
There's been scary silence here for some time. I just checked my minerva status and it read: RECOMMENDED BY DEPARTMENT. Wishing all expectant aspirants the best.
You're basically admitted. It's just a formality for the department to nominate someone and have another person look it over. It's just done to make sure admissions are transparent and fair. Congrats anyway!.

Blast

Feb 14, 2013
Josh21 said:
You're basically admitted. It's just a formality for the department to nominate someone and have another person look it over. It's just done to make sure admissions are transparent and fair. Congrats anyway!.
Thanks a lot. I'm really happy.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blast said:
Thanks a lot. I'm really happy.
Congrats man you just got admitted to Canada's most prestigious university! Being in McGill is a premium experience.

very happy for you brother! best of luck for future!!