+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MCA Graduate Canada Immigrant VISA

ramesh4f

Apr 21, 2013
I am a MCA graduate with IT experience of 6.5 years. I would like to immigrate to canada for a permenant basis. My profile is MySQL Database administration as well as Oracle goldengate Administration. In this case, am i have the chance to get the immigration to canada as a skilled labour or how to proceed the same. Kindly advice as i am a newbie to this VISA/ Immigration topics

Thanks, Ramesh

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
ramesh4f said:
I am a MCA graduate with IT experience of 6.5 years. I would like to immigrate to canada for a permenant basis. My profile is MySQL Database administration as well as Oracle goldengate Administration. In this case, am i have the chance to get the immigration to canada as a skilled labour or how to proceed the same. Kindly advice as i am a newbie to this VISA/ Immigration topics

Thanks, Ramesh
Unlike MBA, the MCA certificate carry not much value here in Canada. They treat it as equivalent only to Bachelors degree when it comes to credential evaluation. I'm speaking from my experience:(

ramesh4f

Apr 21, 2013
Good to hear MCA have value. Also like to know, the processing time in case i apply for this time.

Thanks
Ramesh

ramesh4f

Apr 21, 2013
Pillai,

I understood mistakenly, that MCA have more value than MBA.

Sad, to see that MCA have less value.

Whatever it may be, it that creates opportunity for job?

Regards
Ramesh

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
Unlike MBA, the MCA certificate carry not much value here in Canada. They treat it as equivalent only to Bachelors degree when it comes to credential evaluation. I'm speaking from my experience:(
@RajeevPillai

You mentioned that MCA is equivalent only to Bachelors degree . But all Bachelors degree there takes 4 years to complete .
But MCA in India is only 3 years ... I have got an MCA from India .... I am plannning to do a 2 year course there ,
Do I need to complete my bachelors there by transfering my credits for any bachelors course and study the 4th year or can go directly and enroll for Masters .... For a new comer is doing bachelors or Masters helpfull bcos I have heard that with Masters there , the person is overqualified .....

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
ramesh4f said:

Thanks, Ramesh
hi ramesh..
computer programmers are qualified for skilled immigration. Check for the noc . they will start accepting applications from may 4th. the sad part is they accept only 300 applications. acquiring supporting documents is bit a challenge now. Your credential evaluation determines your education points. however there are other factors too like age, adaptability, years of experience, language points. check how much score you can get. when you qualify, the next stage you have to provide the experience letter from all the companies and especially a letter from the present company with roles and responsibilities matching the noc. all information is available in the cic website and in this website spread all over the topics. do good research.

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
RajeevPillai said:
however MBA certificate does not fetch much jobs here. but computer programming skills and experience fetch lot of jobs with competitive salary.. MBA degree give more points to qualify for immigration....

:) my experience...

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
muscattocanada said:
@ RajeevPillai

You mentioned that MCA is equivalent only to Bachelors degree . But all Bachelors degree there takes 4 years to complete .
But MCA in India is only 3 years ... I have got an MCA from India .... I am plannning to do a 2 year course there ,
Do I need to complete my bachelors there by transfering my credits for any bachelors course and study the 4th year or can go directly and enroll for Masters .... For a new comer is doing bachelors or Masters helpfull bcos I have heard that with Masters there , the person is overqualified .....
I did my BSc Comp Science and MCA from India. However my credential evaluation turned out to be equivalent to Bachelors program in Canada

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
i came across an article today.. just want to share with you guys....

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/04/24/land-of-misfortune/

but dont lose hope. the importance of networking is highlighted in the article. so start developing it.

RedMango

Jun 12, 2021
Hi Rajeev,

Can you please let me know if 3 Yr MCA in India is evaluated as Master's or PG Diploma/Degree by WES ?
Thank you!