+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA in Canada

Kumark1234

May 23, 2020
which universities are the affordable in terms of cost of MBA program ? and which universities are offering 1 to 1.5yrs of duration of the MBA program without GMAT? I have 10+ yrs of IT experience.

appreciate you help in this regard.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
which universities are the affordable in terms of cost of MBA program ? and which universities are offering 1 to 1.5yrs of duration of the MBA program without GMAT? I have 10+ yrs of IT experience.

appreciate you help in this regard.
Hello Kumark. The notion of doing an MBA and expecting a cheap or affordable one (to most people) just doesn't work. Most MBAs target successful professionals who usually have enough capital to be able to fund their MBA (including with loans). That's why MBAs are not cheap. Those that are cheap and do not require GMAT are not great and more likely to be a money making scheme and in my opinion, worthless.

However, if you want to continuing pursuing then I suggest you look at University Canada West, Memorial University, University of Northern British Columbia, UManitoba

Reactions: Kumark1234

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would at least discourage UCW. Feel that one is a large waste of money. At least stick to public institutions.

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hello Kumark. The notion of doing an MBA and expecting a cheap or affordable one (to most people) just doesn't work. Most MBAs target successful professionals who usually have enough capital to be able to fund their MBA (including with loans). That's why MBAs are not cheap. Those that are cheap and do not require GMAT are not great and more likely to be a money making scheme and in my opinion, worthless.

However, if you want to continuing pursuing then I suggest you look at University Canada West, Memorial University, University of Northern British Columbia, UManitoba
i have 10 year exp ,i opt for pb program in cape Breton University ,do u think is this right program to convince visa officer

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
For visa purposes, sure. I would add Cape Breton to the list above as well among affordable.
dont knw but my application is stuck in delhi high commission from 17 march ,i dont knw what they look after ,i have 7 bands min 6.5 , and genuine work exp , and i have paid 1 year fee with gic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
business development manager plus i am running my own business firm as partner
Then doing a course at a small university doesn’t make much sense if you run your own business firm and are a already a business dev manager. How would this course lead to career advancement? Are you doing an MBA?

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Hey! What about MBA from University of New Brunswick, I chose it cuz of it Student Investment Funds & Venture Analyst leadership program I can select post 1st year completion & should be competitive in Canada in terms of future Job prospect.

Grad - B Com Honours 3 years - 67%
PG - Part time PGM - 3 years - 68%
Work Exp 10 Years in Banking & Financial services at Middle level
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Waived
Last schooling was in 2012.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018

can you please elaborate more why UCW is not good for MBA ? thanks in advance.
Its a private university and doesn't have a stable history, however, very strong in marketing or selling there courses, like I get a call every week directly from university asking what I have decided. Its located in downtown Vancouver & very less visa rejection rate.

Take admission in UCW and get visa stamped, later change the university or collage program.

I would suggest stay away from private universities. You may choose Laurentian Uni - Public, Affordable, GMAT can be waived, PR under rural immi program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The school is essentially some classrooms in an office tower. Don’t think a Laurentian is a great MBA either but it is a somewhat known university who should have a structured MBA course similar to the other public universities. People attending some of these universities feared to international students end up relying on their previous degrees and the MBA is essentially discounted.