+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA from Swiss based private institute in UAE- WES Evaluation

Crystal1991

May 11, 2019
Hi All,

Could someone advise whether WES will accept my MBA degree Accredited from Geneva business school done from UAE.
I approached my center herein UAE and they said since its a private institute and not public in Switzerland ,WES will reject it

Reactions: Harrishaney19

Harrishaney19

Sep 1, 2019
I just noticed that ECA can only be done for degrees recognized within Switzerland (in case of GBS). As per GBS website, it says "In Switzerland, the Swiss educational system is composed of Public and Private Institutes. It is important to highlight that only Swiss public universities are recognized by the state."

So clearly, GBS being a private institute is NOT recognized in Switzerland . This is why it is being rejected. i think even if we send our credentials to another ECA agency, the result will be the same.

sara101090

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

I have the same issue. I did my Masters ni International Business from Swiss Hotel Management School and it was not recognized.
I applied and had a refusal of my express entry application.

Any suggestions ?

Harrishaney19

Sep 1, 2019
Hi,

I have the same issue. I did my Masters ni International Business from Swiss Hotel Management School and it was not recognized.
I applied and had a refusal of my express entry application.

Any suggestions ?
Unfortunately, i think since Masters from private Swiss schools are not recognized by the Swiss govt, WES will not approve it either. The option is to do another Masters that is recognized if we need the points. :(

Jan 10, 2020
I am having the same issue with a private trade school based in Geneva called Crea Geneve. I did my Bachlor in Arts there but because it is a private institution it is not recognised by the Swiss Education board even though I have earned 120ECTS on the Bologna Process which is a European Standard for a 3 year Bachelors degree. I tried my ECA with ICES but they said it is not comparable to Canadian Standard all because Switzerland doesn't recognise private institutions. Did anyone succeed with an ECA with any other organisation regarding Swiss Private Institutions? How do we proceed?

Hammad3330

Jul 28, 2020
I am having the same issue with a private trade school based in Geneva called Crea Geneve. I did my Bachlor in Arts there but because it is a private institution it is not recognised by the Swiss Education board even though I have earned 120ECTS on the Bologna Process which is a European Standard for a 3 year Bachelors degree. I tried my ECA with ICES but they said it is not comparable to Canadian Standard all because Switzerland doesn't recognise private institutions. Did anyone succeed with an ECA with any other organisation regarding Swiss Private Institutions? How do we proceed?
Hi mate... Can you update from which bodies form you got approval for ECA.. Because i have done BBA frm UBIS university Geneva Switzerland. And WES and IQAS rejected.. Please help

anjelika2609

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I live in UAE and competed MBA SBS Swiss Business school, was about to hire a lawyer from famous law firm and was in rush to get my IETS, but decide to prepare everything before to pay my lawyer.
and I go to know that SBS is not recognized by ECA.

below email from my university.

Thank you for your e-mail.
Please be informed that SBS Swiss Business School is a private business school in Switzerland. We are not state accredited; however, we are internationally accredited and ranked:
https://www.sbs.edu/accreditation/
https://www.sbs.edu/rankings-and-awards/

SBS is recognized by several well-known accreditation institutions like ACBSP, BAC, IACBE.
We are also a member of the Swiss Federation of Private Schools (SFPS), Swiss Private School Register and we are certified by EDUQUA.
Please be informed that according to my knowledge WES/ICES/ICAS/IQAS is recognizing only state-accredited schools. SBS is working on some solutions, which might help our students with WES/ICES/ICAS/IQAS recognition however this process is very long and we can`t promise anything at the moment.
If I can be of any other help, please let me know.
Wishing you a nice day.

DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO? :(

Huda Amir

Mar 30, 2021
Yes i did and i already received my report for that
I have the same concern. WES dose not recognize my Masters degree from Swiss business school as equivalent to Masters Degree in Canada. I hope CES do it, Did anyone with SBS degree got Report from CES ?