+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA (Finance in Canada) How Relevant?

Sep 22, 2013
Dear Esteem Forum Members,

I would like to know the relevance of an MBA (with a concentration in Finance) in Canada. I am a Nigerian with a GMAT Score of 550 and CGPA of 3.46 out of a possible 5 in Economics. I intend applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland and Labrador.

Considering the "lean" profile provided above, what are my chances at MUN? And most importantly, what are my chances with the CIC?

Thanks for the response.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
The Future is Now said:
Dear Esteem Forum Members,

I would like to know the relevance of an MBA (with a concentration in Finance) in Canada. I am a Nigerian with a GMAT Score of 550 and CGPA of 3.46 out of a possible 5 in Economics. I intend applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland and Labrador.

Considering the "lean" profile provided above, what are my chances at MUN? And most importantly, what are my chances with the CIC?

Thanks for the response.
did not understand ur question what do u mean by 'relevance of MBA'? chances cannot be predicted nor is anyone keeping the data to calculate probabilities as a economics student u should know this. u just have to apply make a good case and hope for the best.

Sep 22, 2013
@Mead,

Funny response from you; you could have at least asked for clarification rather than reiterating than attemptin to take me thru an online course on Probability and what av u..... Lolz.

Well, that comment was borne out of some reasons commonly used by Visa Officers to deny an application. "Irrelevant Course". So I wanted to know if an MBA in Finance won't end up fallin into that category.

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
The Future is Now said:
@ Mead,

Funny response from you; you could have at least asked for clarification rather than reiterating than attemptin to take me thru an online course on Probability and what av u..... Lolz.

Well, that comment was borne out of some reasons commonly used by Visa Officers to deny an application. "Irrelevant Course". So I wanted to know if an MBA in Finance won't end up fallin into that category.
See, getting a canadian study visa is like finding a loyal girlfriend. Now that largely depends on good luck and a little effort in right direction.
Now for visa approval, u need to have an overall package of financial assets, good education, progression in future and a good luck.
MBA is relevant for you... But this does not gaurantee visa until n unless u have that overall package. The best u can do is go ahead with it, file the visa with all necessary documents and once u r done with it, simply hope.