+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA at University of Canada West Vancouver

karansach21

Jun 14, 2012
Hey there,
Does anyone know about the fee structure of 2 Year MBA program at University of Canada West Vancouver for Indian student going on study visa?
How much it cost?

adeels2k

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-12-2011
Med's Request
Waiting
karansach21 said:
Hey there,
Does anyone know about the fee structure of 2 Year MBA program at University of Canada West Vancouver for Indian student going on study visa?
How much it cost?
It is around 2150 per course. Just check how many courses you have to do then you can find the actual fees. Minimum deposit is around 4320 for unconditional offer letter (pakistan) , I think it should be same for India but you better check it with University Canada West. You can call them and register, then they will contact you via email.

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hello, Please don't go for Canada West University. It's a scam and moreover its going to shut down soon. So many students are suffering there without proper education and campus placements.
MBA from this university is not recognized anywhere in Canada and getting a visa by this university is bleak. Please do not waste your money on this 2 floored building which is claimed to be a University. Read all the reviews and change your mind. Their MBA is a joke and they don't ask you for GMAT or academic percentage as they only need money from you.

I have seen so many Indian students who suffered with out getting any proper Jobs with their crap MBA degree from Canada West.

karansach21

Jun 14, 2012
Thanks adeels2k for the information

And

rishi4roshan I am so shocked from the information you have provided to me. I already made my mind for this university and thank god I found you here. Please please suggest me an alternative to it if you know any other good university or course for january 2013 intake. I have done B.Com
Please help.

simranjitkainth

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
It depends whether u have given gmat and ur gmat score....i am not sure whether canada west is goind to shut down r not but u will surely not get a good job in years after doing an mba from there

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hello,

If you don't have GMAT then you could try for Vancouver Island University and University of New Brunswick and these both universities are far far better than Canada West. But New Brunswick will only waive your GMAT if you have more than 3.20 GPA in your under graduation.

See MBA without GMAT is useless and all the Tier 1 Universities will ask you for it, only some top universities from UK will not ask you for it but sure they need at least 3 years of managerial experience.

I suggest that you take GMAT and apply for some good universities for a better future or else you can apply in Vancouver Island University which is not bad.

Thank you.

Roshan

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
And also there is one program called Master of Management in the University of Windsor which is again a good university and they don't need any GMAT.

H

HBK

rishi4roshan said:
Hello,

If you don't have GMAT then you could try for Vancouver Island University and University of New Brunswick and these both universities are far far better than Canada West. But New Brunswick will only waive your GMAT if you have more than 3.20 GPA in your under graduation.

See MBA without GMAT is useless and all the Tier 1 Universities will ask you for it, only some top universities from UK will not ask you for it but sure they need at least 3 years of managerial experience.

I suggest that you take GMAT and apply for some good universities for a better future or else you can apply in Vancouver Island University which is not bad.

Thank you.

Roshan
Even VIU is not good option for MBA.

karansach21

Jun 14, 2012
Thank you so much HBK and rishi4roshan,
I am looking forward towards the universities you told rishi4roshan
And HBK I'll keep your point of VIU as well.

By the way, I have not done GMAT and from your replies I think that it is useless to do MBA without GMAT.
I have seen Masters of Management in University of Windsor and I found it's so expensive. Its around $42000 for the course.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Hey everyone, I know this topic is so old, but I just need some up-to-date information about University of Canada West Vancouver.

5 years has passed since this topic was opened, and I have the opportunity to choose this MBA course from this university. I want to know if it is still that terrible, or if the situation has changed?

Is it worth it to study MBA at Canada West for two years, and is it possible to get a job after completing my studies so that I have good chance at Express Entry System? Any advice?

Remember that I'm going to throw all the money that I have for studying in Canada, and it is very important for me to be able to find a suitable job after that and get permanent Visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Still a bad school. Low ranked. Bad reputation with employers. If you're going to come all the way here to do an MBA, don't waste your money on a school like this. I would recommend staying away from VIU as well. Not quite as bad - but not worth the time/money.

If still in doubt, read the reviews here: https://collegetimes.co/university-canada-west/

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
scylla said:
Still a bad school. Low ranked. Bad reputation with employers. If you're going to come all the way here to do an MBA, don't waste your money on a school like this. I would recommend staying away from VIU as well. Not quite as bad - but not worth the time/money.

If still in doubt, read the reviews here: ...
Yes, already saw those reviews. But most of those reviews are old, and the problem is that, it's there are rarely any recent review.

Seems that there was an Indian agent who deceived mostly Indian students in the year 2012, and the university got a very bad reputation because of that. But the ownership as changed now, and things have may changed since then.

We can't really put our judgment based on reveiw from a few years ago. I think if a current student comes and explain the university's situation at the moment, it could be more of help.

adiraja

Feb 22, 2017
rishi4roshan said:
VIU is accredited by ACBSP , Which is given to a business school. It's not that bad like Canada West.
But if you see UCW website it says that MBA from UCW is also accredited by ACBSP...
And BC education is closely monitoring UCW and it up to the standard quality of qualifications....And now is acquired by GLOBAL UNIVERSITY SYSTEM.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hamid123456 said:
Yes, already saw those reviews. But most of those reviews are old, and the problem is that, it's there are rarely any recent review.

Seems that there was an Indian agent who deceived mostly Indian students in the year 2012, and the university got a very bad reputation because of that. But the ownership as changed now, and things have may changed since then.

We can't really put our judgment based on reveiw from a few years ago. I think if a current student comes and explain the university's situation at the moment, it could be more of help.
I'm giving you the perspective of someone who was born in Canada and has been hiring people for well over a decade in Canada. It still has a bad reputation. Stay away and don't waste your money.