+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, is it a must to take the birth certificate in the test day? i can not find mine

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Congratulations, "WE LOVE CANADA". I was there at the 10.30 am ceremony, might have ran across you.

om saif,

Your birth certificate is not required for the test or the oath.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
guys, is it a must to take the birth certificate in the test day? i can not find mine
Hi Om Saif,

Where did you see that? I don't think you need it. You need to take PR Card, IDs (driver's license or provincial ID card and health card etc. are the main forms of IDs), Passport and Landing paper (or COPR) as well as original of anything else you may have sent with your application.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
Hi Om Saif,

You need not take your birth certificate with you. What they need is ( as per the list in their office)

1. Landing paper
2. Provincial IDs with photo ( Driver's license/Health Card etc)
3. Passport
4. PR Card

All others are nice to have - in case if they have any questions. Like Pay stubs/T4/Notice of assessments/Credit Card statements/ Lease Agreements etc etc. Please note that these are necessary. In case if they keep on asking questions, you can show these as evidence of your residence.

In many cases, I saw yesterday , they asked only those 4. Hope this answers your question.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Dear all
My journey has ended , a proud Canadian and looking forward to a great home and life , my best wishes to all may2014 applicants, patience and these wonderful forums were the keys to success .
My next step is passport anyone's ,guidance and advice is much appreciated .
Good luck to all

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Congrats! Passport is straight forward, just need to find a guarantor + 2 references. Follow instructions and if you are applying in person, make sure you take your original citizenship certificate + the IDs you used as proof of identity.

You need to complete the application entirely and sign it before giving to your guarantor to fill out. You can not help your guarantor with their own part.

If you do not have to travel anytime soon, you may want to pay for regular service instead (cheaper). But final choice is yours.

May2014 said:
Dear all
My journey has ended , a proud Canadian and looking forward to a great home and life , my best wishes to all may2014 applicants, patience and these wonderful forums were the keys to success .
My next step is passport anyone's ,guidance and advice is much appreciated .
Good luck to all

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Wonderful tips , you are the best sineoritabella ; I am so overwhelmed these days with a lot of things , I needed some guidance because I don't have any time to search and read .. So million thanks to you.
Gdluck always in your life

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Thanks and you are welcome! Hopefully you are able to find some time to read the instructions. You may want to make a copy of your completed and signed application before giving your guarantor. When the guarantor completes their part, make another copy for your records.
Have a good week!

May2014 said:
Wonderful tips , you are the best sineoritabella ; I am so overwhelmed these days with a lot of things , I needed some guidance because I don't have any time to search and read .. So million thanks to you.
Gdluck always in your life

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi May 2014 Applicants,

Is there anybody currently from May 2014 batch waiting for Oath after giving their test?

I gave my test in Scarborough on Feb 26th and waiting for Oath letter.

This thread has become so dormant that I have to search and find this in the forum. I think most of the friends in this May 2014 batch became citizens already and hence no more postings - I guess...

Wait continues for me.....

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi May 2014 Applicants,

Is there anybody currently from May 2014 batch waiting for Oath after giving their test?

This thread has become so dormant that I have to search and find this in the forum. I think most of the friends in this May 2014 batch became citizens already and hence no more postings - I guess...

You are not alone... I had my test on February 4th in Kitchener and still waiting... I'm really worried

suze_h

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're not the only one. My test was on Feb 26th in Ottawa and I am now waiting for my oath date. Good luck to the remaining May 2014 applicants!

seeno

Feb 11, 2015
lostsyr said:
You are not alone... I had my test on February 4th in Kitchener and still waiting... I'm really worried
I had my test on January 30 in Kitchener and till now there is nothing :(

tor14

Aug 18, 2014
Hi,

I have a question, if someone can shed a light on it I do appreciate. I applied for citizenship May 15 2014 and
I have not received any invitation for test yet. I do have received the confirmation and the exam booklet.

I ordered my ATIP a few month ago and cic was waiting for the RCMP clearance. It is 5 month since cic has requested
my clearance and they have not received it yet. CIC has sent a new request a month ago. Now my question is that is this
a normal incident? I do not have any criminal record in Canada or any other place in the world, and it is very weird that
RCMP has not issued the clearance on the first request.

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Same here. Test on Mar 4th, waiting for oath letter.

Der Doppelgänger

WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi May 2014 Applicants,