+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
At last, I received my AOR and Discover Canada Book today at the mail. Here is my time line.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 10, 2014.

AOR and Discover Canada Book Received on September 17th, 2014

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following is my timeline
when will my RECEIVED LINE disappear. Any guesses?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 2, 2014.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly77 said:
Following is my timeline
when will my RECEIVED LINE disappear. Any guesses?

We started processing your application on July 2, 2014.
Good luck.

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
Hi guys,
I have just registered, so I want to list my time line which is as follows:

Received by Sydney: 20-May-2014
Application in process: 28-Jul-2014
AOR received: 25-Aug-2014
Received line disappeared: 19-Sept-2014
Test date:
Oath date:

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MOONLIGHT64 said:
Hi guys,
I have just registered, so I want to list my time line which is as follows:

Received by Sydney: 20-May-2014
Application in process: 28-Jul-2014
AOR received: 25-Aug-2014
Received line disappeared: 19-Sept-2014
Test date:
Oath date:
We are almost the same time line.

Good luck.

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carluccio said:
We are almost the same time line.

Good luck.
How come your received line disappear on 5 sep. your case was in progress after me

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly77 said:
How come your received line disappear on 5 sep. your case was in progress after me
It doesn't work that way. They started processing your appl before him doesn't mean you will always be ahead. If the agent taking care of your application is lazy or slow or takes 3 days sick time your app will be stuck. CIC agent are not machines doing exactly the same thing at the same time. Also some files are more complicated than others or include many many useless documents that need to be reviewed, so it's time consuming.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
It doesn't work that way. They started processing your appl before him doesn't mean you will always be ahead. If the agent taking care of your application is lazy or slow or takes 3 days sick time your app will be stuck. CIC agent are not machines doing exactly the same thing at the same time. Also some files are more complicated than others or include many many useless documents that need to be reviewed, so it's time consuming.
Good answer.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly77 said:
I don't know my friend. But I believe you will be all the best.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Goldline said:
Well I might be wrong however, I have noticed that things have been picked up specifically for applicants who applied in/after June .Some of the June applicants have even got their test dates .Looks like the new law C-24 and the new decision making model (which came into force on 1st August) is showing its worth . One such example is the email AOR instead of mail AOR .Having said that , its just my assumption based on the observation and things would be more clear when July, august and sept applicants will be processed.

All the best !

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
informatics said:
Well I might be wrong however, I have noticed that things have been picked up specifically for applicants who applied in/after June .Some of the June applicants have even got their test dates .Looks like the new law C-24 and the new decision making model (which came into force on 1st August) is showing its worth . One such example is the email AOR instead of mail AOR .Having said that , its just my assumption based on the observation and things would be more clear when July, august and sept applicants will be processed.

All the best !
You canNOT observe things and come to a conclusion based on some posts here. CIC has over 300,000 of application, while there are only few hundreds here.
Some 2013's applicants like to complain about being lift-off, but 2014's being full throttle. I always LOL at these 2013's people. If you go to CIC and show them 100 proofs of 2014's applicants being full speed, they will show you 1,000 proofs of 2013's applicants already gotten their oath and kindly ask you to seal your lips and leave peacefully. LOL

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
BLT said:
You canNOT observe things and come to a conclusion based on some posts here. CIC has over 300,000 of application, while there are only few hundreds here.
Some 2013's applicants like to complain about being lift-off, but 2014's being full throttle. I always LOL at these 2013's people. If you go to CIC and show them 100 proofs of 2014's applicants being full speed, they will show you 1,000 proofs of 2013's applicants already gotten their oath and kindly ask you to seal your lips and leave peacefully. LOL
Well I believe , I never mentioned that its a conclusion ,instead I started with "I might be wrong ".So , in that case , as I said earlier I could be very wrong ...so relax man !

However, I would not respond to any future post of yours like many other applicants on "different threads of this forum " who are already doing this.

Good day !

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
Hello guys,
can any body answer my inquiry:
we have applied our citizenship application as family; does it mean that upon the interview with the officer we will attend separately or we will be interviewed together.
if some body has a similar situation please your feedback is appreciated.

Good luck for all.

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
my received line disappeared on Friday sep 19, I assumed that my file has been transferred to the local office so I called the cic who told that my file is still in Sydney and has not yet transferred to the local office. As a conclusion the received line disappear is not a signal of any modification in the file.