+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My received line disappeared today...whatever this means, I hope it's a step forward in my application process...

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning fellow May Applicants,

I called CIC this morning and was informed my application is still in Sydney and has not gone through the backgorund check... It was received May 20th 2014 and started processing July 23rd 2014... Is this normal that it takes the background check to begin after processing started nearly 2 months ago? How long after the background check is complete is the application typically sent to the local office?

Thanks!

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankj said:
My timeline is exactly same... I called up CIC and they told my file is still in Sydney....
They did share with me something rather interesting - the CIC agent suggested that if I have a trip booked I can notify them up to 2 months in advance and they'll add that as a note in my file so my test doesn't get scheduled for that date. For anyone who was wondering if taking off for a couple of weeks would lead to missing their test...

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC told the same thing to me, file still in Sydney. :mad:

MonsieurCito said:
They did share with me something rather interesting - the CIC agent suggested that if I have a trip booked I can notify them up to 2 months in advance and they'll add that as a note in my file so my test doesn't get scheduled for that date. For anyone who was wondering if taking off for a couple of weeks would lead to missing their test...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
In case you are referring to me... I've only written the test. Waiting for oath.

A couple of June applicants have received test notices.

fernendez said:
I think just one May 2014 applicant has undertaken Citizenship oath.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
I was referring to you the lucky one of them all,lol. Yours happens to be pretty fast. I mean invitation for the test.

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
In case you are referring to me... I've only written the test. Waiting for oath.

A couple of June applicants have received test notices.
Any idea how long after the transfer to the local office you got the invite?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Not sure when my file was transfered but may be this will help:
app. received - May 7th
in process - July 11th
ecas active - July 16th
received line disappeared - July 29th (someone said this meant background checks complete and file transferred - don't know)
received noticed for test - Aug 6th (notice dated Aug 1st)
Test - Aug 19th

MonsieurCito said:
Any idea how long after the transfer to the local office you got the invite?

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Not sure when my file was transfered but may be this will help:
app. received - May 7th
in process - July 11th
ecas active - July 16th
received line disappeared - July 29th (someone said this meant background checks complete and file transferred - don't know)
received noticed for test - Aug 6th (notice dated Aug 1st)
Test - Aug 19th
Thanks. If only all files moved at that (light)speed :) Hope your oath date is just around the corner.

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
Dear all,

I have a question, this morning i checked my appliction status which has changed from "in process" to "decision made".
It shows : A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive a letter within the next three months.

What does that mean? Approved or refused?

P.S: i had a judge hearing on 3rd sept.

Please reply

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi khansalmankk,

I am not sure and I could be wrong, but that could mean refusal. After judge hearing, you should either get an Oath letter or decision made with a refusal letter. it will take 2 month to reach out. sorry to hear, but you can always appeal (need a lawyer for that and it is very expensive) or re-apply, but do not take any step without consulting with an immigration lawyer. The letter will tell you what your options are, as they could simply ask you to re-apply.

this is highly dependable on each case..

good luck

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khansalmankk said:
Dear all,

I have a question, this morning i checked my appliction status which has changed from "in process" to "decision made".
It shows : A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive a letter within the next three months.

What does that mean? Approved or refused?

P.S: i had a judge hearing on 3rd sept.

Please reply
I Would recommend you call CIC call center and ask them.

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
Blackbook said:
Hi khansalmankk,

I am not sure and I could be wrong, but that could mean refusal. After judge hearing, you should either get an Oath letter or decision made with a refusal letter. it will take 2 month to reach out. sorry to hear, but you can always appeal (need a lawyer for that and it is very expensive) or re-apply, but do not take any step without consulting with an immigration lawyer. The letter will tell you what your options are, as they could simply ask you to re-apply.

this is highly dependable on each case..

good luck

Thanks for sharing your views sir :)